can we make the MCU MPC5566 boot from my own boot program in the internal Flash memory directly NOT from the BAM program?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

can we make the MCU MPC5566 boot from my own boot program in the internal Flash memory directly NOT from the BAM program?

跳至解决方案
1,197 次查看
jackwan
Contributor II

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your help! I am working on MPC5566 Chip. As I know the MCU MPC5566 is boot from the BAM program when it is powered-on or reset in normal mode. Do you know can we make the MCU boot from my own boot program  in the internal Flash memory directly NOT from the BAM program? If yes, can tell me how to do it?. Many thanks from your help!

BR,

Jack.

1 解答
1,029 次查看
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, on this device BAM is always involved in the booting process. Actually BAM reads RCHW, subsequently passing program flow to the user defined vector. First running address after boot is always from BAM area.

在原帖中查看解决方案

4 回复数
1,030 次查看
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

No, on this device BAM is always involved in the booting process. Actually BAM reads RCHW, subsequently passing program flow to the user defined vector. First running address after boot is always from BAM area.

1,029 次查看
jackwan
Contributor II

Dear David, Many thanks for your help and answer! Do you know whether we Can modify the BAM source code and update to the BAM ROM? If yes, Can tell me How Should we Get the BAM code and how to update the BAM ROM? Many thanks!

BR,

Jack

0 项奖励
回复
1,029 次查看
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

BAM is hardwired, it cannot be modified by user anyhow. From user point of view, it is ROM memory.

You can use some sort of resident bootloader, but it is application application running after BAM.

1,029 次查看
jackwan
Contributor II

Got it, Many thanks!

0 项奖励
回复