Writing data flash of MPC5606B through JTAG interface using Nexus.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Writing data flash of MPC5606B through JTAG interface using Nexus.

danielflor
Contributor III

I'm programming flash memory of MPC5606B through JTAG interface using Nexus. I'm imitating a tool that perform this task. However, in the middle of the process, the entire flash memory is erased. I skipped this part in code, but, when I do this, the write to memory does not work. Of course I have a backup of the memory, but, I was wondering, to allow programming the data flash is necessary to erase a block memory? I mean, the procedure is a bit long, so, I was wondering if I can just to write in memory positions.

The tool makes a selection of 4 blocks of 16kB to be erased, it is the entire dataflash of MPC5606, 64kB. So, I can erase only 16kB instead of 64kB, but, my doubt is, is really necessary to erase a block of 16kB, or the entire memory of 64kB, just to write some bytes , for example 16 bytes, in the flash memory ?

I looked about this information on adtasheets and documents and I didn't find nothing.

With my bests regards ,
Daniel.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
2 Replies

andreyabramchuk
Contributor I

Hi, Daniel!

In common case, not necessary to erase flash before it writing. But when you access via jtag, there is no possibility to write flash directly. So you download a peace of code into cpu RAM. Then this peace of code executes secuence: erase and write...

Daniel, what tool are you using for access via JTAG? I am looking for such a tool for MPC5606.

BR!

Andrey

danielflor
Contributor III

I know that UPA-S can read.

0 Kudos