What is the interface used to communicate between the GH IDE and the MPC5777C EVB?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the interface used to communicate between the GH IDE and the MPC5777C EVB?

shankarig
Contributor II

What is the interface used to communicate between the GH IDE and the MPC5777C EVB? Any JTAG emulator used?  How to boot the sample code on the target board? 

Labels (1)
4 Replies

alexvinchev
Contributor V

Hi shankarig, first, I'm sorry for my delayed post to this topic...  I don't know if this will be valuable information for you or not.

In theory GHS supports also P&E multilink devices through dedicated peserv, supplied with the IDE. Unfortunately, when I started the project with MPC5748, peserv didn't support it, so we went to Lauterbach instead of GHS probe. Personally speaking, this is best solution, since Lauterbach is independent from the compiler manufacturer and could be re-configured to support other MCUs when needed. Additionally, Lauterbach is very flexible and script customizable debugger.

Regarding GHS, usually they offer 30-day evaluation before purchase, but you have to contact them directly as b55689‌ mentioned already. This contact will give you also pricing information, since it may be or may be not dependent on company and your location.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

the best way is use Green Hills probe with GHS IDE. It could be used for download the code to the flash memory and also for debugging. 

Please look at the following URL: Multi-core JTAG, EJTAG, COP, BDM hardware assisted debugger, embeddeddebugging, on-chip debugging - ... 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

shankarig
Contributor II

Hi,

Any free evaluation version of GHS compiler available to compile the code for MPC5777C ??

We would like to try it out before we purchase the license. And also please let us know about the following.

1. What is the cost of GHS IDE?
2. Any free trial version available online to download ? If yes, please provide the link to download.
3. If free version available, what is the period of expiry?
4. Can we get any rental license for a short period of one month?, Later we will buy the full license.

Regards
Shankari

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I am not able to tell this information, because GHS IDE is not NXP product. Please contact Green Hills support directly. They will be able to provide you correct information.

Supporting the Embedded World - Green Hills Software 

Regards,

Martin