What are the differences between those MPC5748G variants : 1N81M , CTZ..., QZA... etc ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the differences between those MPC5748G variants : 1N81M , CTZ..., QZA... etc ?

Jump to solution
frankenstein
Contributor II

Hi all,

I have two MCU's from NXP : both are MPC5748G but the MCU package contained some information that i want to know.

So i want to know what are the differences between the folowing variants off MPC5748G if it possible or when can i found such information:

Firstly the difference between the first letter S / P / M

<1> :

SPC5748GMKU6

1N81M

QAF 1534E

<2> :

PPC5748GSAMKU6

0N78S

QZAA 1625C

<3> :

PPC5748GMMN6A

1N81M

CTZPS1509A

<4> :

PPC5748GSAMMN6

0N78S

CTZZA1625A

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
1 Solution
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

information about S/P meaning are listed in data sheet.

pastedImage_0.png

From the last line, you are able to decode Date code. For example 1534 means 34th week, year 2015. The rest of information are internal use only and these are not provided.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

9 Replies
peranders
Contributor I

Firstly the difference between the first letter S / P / M

What did the "M" really mean? The datasheet says nothing (from what I can find).

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

M is not used anymore. P and S are explained in the figure below.

pastedImage_1.png

Regards,

Martin

frankenstein
Contributor II

Hi there , any help :smileyplain: ! At least give me resources where i can find those informations , i searched all the documentation but didn't find anything :smileysilly: Thanks

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

information about S/P meaning are listed in data sheet.

pastedImage_0.png

From the last line, you are able to decode Date code. For example 1534 means 34th week, year 2015. The rest of information are internal use only and these are not provided.

Regards,

Martin

frankenstein
Contributor II

Thanks, it's was very helpful. Do you know something about 1N81M ? But also difference between Qualification Status  . 

I've found in wikipedia that it defines geometry for the photolithography steps of semiconductor fabrication !

0 Kudos
bdn
Contributor III

Hi,

there are two hardware revisions available for that chip.

0N78S is the first, old revision,

1N81M is the second and for now, latest chip revison.

Regards,

Bernhard

alexvinchev
Contributor V

bdn​,

0N65H was the old (produced form 2013 till mid 2014) revision. 1N81M was new revision (produced from mid 2014 till 2015). According to the data, given by frankenstein​, 0N78S should be produced in week 25 of 2016. For me it is strange that it is starting with '0', which should mean "CUT1" device, since there is already mask, starting with '1', meaning "CUT2" device. I'm assuming this mask to be some kind of engineering sample to fix something in the HSM module, because device is marked with 'S', which means it contains HSM... If device was marked with 'H' it could be new CAN FD, fixing Is CAN FD available with MPC5748G, now?

frankenstein
Contributor II

@Aleksandar Vinchev

Hi  Aleksandar,

I found that 0N78S means actually cut 3.0

1.0 0N65H
2.0 1N81M
3.0 0N78S

You're right  about engineering sample since it start with P. However, Can you tell me what is the difference between engineering sample (P) and automotive qualified (S). Thanks.

Also there is no H, so CAN FD is not present i think ? (i have to check for it !).

0 Kudos
alexvinchev
Contributor V

Hi frankenstein​,

I think only difference between P&S with the same digits/letters is parts qualification process. Of course this has to be confirmed by NXP guys, but I think that PPC parts doesn't pass all needed tests, which SPC parts are passing during production phase. From software point of view both devices behave in the same way (tested on PPC & SPC devices with the 1N81M mask). 'MPC' is family signature (i.e. both 'SPCxxxx' and 'PPCxxxx' devices are 'MPCxxxx').

Regarding 'H', 'G', 'S', this is feature set available. I'm working with SPC5748GG*, this is what we required and requested. according to the datasheet,  'H' is the superset of 'G' and 'S' options, but wasn't available when we purchased our initial lot of MPC5748 devices.