Warning : Device is not detected or may be censored.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Warning : Device is not detected or may be censored.

saikarthik
Contributor II

I'm using MPC5748G-GW-RDB and trying to debug a sample code from SDK using PE micro, and facing the below error.

Warning : Device is not detected or may be censored. Please check connections or please enter password in GDB server parameters with in debug configurations using the flag -uncensoredpassword=n, then restart the debug session.

MPC5748G-GW-RDB DEVKIT-MPC5748G 

Please give me the assistance regarding this.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jiri_kral
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

what's your PE Micro debug probe model? Are you using PE Micro Multilink FX? 

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Have you erase the micro? I expect you have reset escalation due to active SWT_0 with default timeout 300ms (15 resets x 20ms).

Micro will then enter into the reset escalation and can recover only via power on reset.

Have a look at following thread on reset escalation recovery with PEMicro:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx/MPC5748G-Reset-escalation-PEMicro-Multilink-FX/m-p/951221#M1432...

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

saikarthik
Contributor II

Thank you, @petervlna,

Warning : Device is not detected or may be censored. Please check connections or please enter password in GDB server parameters with in debug configurations using the flag -uncensoredpassword=n, then restart the debug session.

I'm really not sure of reset escalation, Facing the above error only when using PE micro debugger, with Micro USB connection, Flashing and debugging looks fine.

0 Kudos