Using eMIOS as a hardware trigger for SDADC

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using eMIOS as a hardware trigger for SDADC

erickarr
Contributor II

I am using the MPC5746R to collect data samples from the SDADC. Currently I am using a DMA transfer to remove conversion results from the data queue. If I wanted to employ a hardware trigger with the eMIOS, how would I go about doing so?

I have reviewed the 'Input Muxing' sheet in the 'IO_Signal_Description_and_Input_Multiplexing_Tables.xlsx', and found that the corresponding MSCR register is 970, for the Start Trigger mechanism. But I cannot find any mapping between this input and the eMIOS pins. I would like to also implement the DMA enable gate.

Thanks,

Eric

3 Replies

erickarr
Contributor II

Hi David,

Thank you for your response.

I have that configuration in place on the SDADC as well, but I am unaware how an eMIOS input is used as an input into the SIUL2.

Screen Shot 2018-01-25 at 10.25.22 AM.png

In the top right corner of the block diagram, you see the mapping of the eMIOS into the SIUL2 as a start trigger and mux advance.

If I have configured the SDADC for a trigger input of type MSCR, and if I have configured the appropriate SIUL2 MSCR register, how do I configure the eMIOS pin as my hardware trigger input?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

You don't need to setup Scythian else. Mentioned MSCR register connects eMIOS internal channel to SDADC trigger.

pastedImage_1.png

If you want to use emios external pad, configure also following MSCR registers (considering PJ7 pad as an example):

pastedImage_2.png

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I think you have answered yourself. Then it is needed to choose TRIGSEL=0b11 in particular SDADC configuration register and that's it.

pastedImage_2.png