Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To operate EQADC and SDADC with together on MPC5777C

Jump to solution
berat24
Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I would like to learn whether I can use SDADC and EQADC on same channel at the same time or not.

Sincerely.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Here is closer explanation.

1. In the chapter 3.8.1 Enhanced Queued Analog-to-Digital Converter (eQADC) below Table 17. eQADC conversion specifications (operating): “The eQADC parameters in the above table are not guarantee when SDADC will be used on the same pin.”
  2. 3.8.2 Sigma-Delta ADC (SDADC) below Table 18. SDADC electrical specifications: “The SDADC parameters in the above table are not guarantee when eQADC will be used on the same pin.”

best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Here is closer explanation.

1. In the chapter 3.8.1 Enhanced Queued Analog-to-Digital Converter (eQADC) below Table 17. eQADC conversion specifications (operating): “The eQADC parameters in the above table are not guarantee when SDADC will be used on the same pin.”
  2. 3.8.2 Sigma-Delta ADC (SDADC) below Table 18. SDADC electrical specifications: “The SDADC parameters in the above table are not guarantee when eQADC will be used on the same pin.”

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hmm, I am confused a bit.

There are Two EQADC modules, each containing two internal ADCs and Four Sigma-Delta (SD) ADC modules.

Each ADC module has its own channels. So I am not sure what the question is here. You cannot measure eQADC channel with SDACD as it is its internal IP separate from SDACD.

But if you are referring to the same pin which you like to measure then only one ADC can be routed to it at the time.

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve, but redundant measurements can be done.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
berat24
Contributor III

Hi @petervlna 

First of all thank you for your response.

I would like to ask my question in a different way.

There is a photo below. ANA0_SDA0 analog channel has been dedicated for EQADC and SDADC. Can I read data from this channel with EQADC and SDADC at the same time?

I hope, I can explain my question more clearly.

berat24_1-1650458412508.png

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Yes, it is possible to read data from that channel with both ADCs but it is not recommended to do so due to sharing of charge. It just not make any sense.

If you need redundant measurement, simply connect same signal on 2 pins and use 2 ADCs. Make sure pins are not close to each other.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos