Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The S32R294 board cannot connect to the emulator

Jump to solution
茜安
Contributor I

Hi,

My S32R294 board could not connect to my emulator, and the external 40M crystal oscillator without waveform. Which BOOT mode should be used during debugging?

The following figure 1 shows the software error.The following figure 2 shows the BOOT.

_0-1647855457014.png

_0-1647856047973.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

At present, it is only used for development and does not use the security function.

It is necessary to read boot chapter in reference manual to understand booting of this device.

For development you will use boot from RCON:  chapeter 8.3.2 Boot from RCON and boot from fuses

petervlna_0-1648109871090.png

I am not sure about test mode for 100%, but it is usually the factory test mode, not available to customers.

Which debug device do you use?

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

At present, it is only used for development and does not use the security function.

It is necessary to read boot chapter in reference manual to understand booting of this device.

For development you will use boot from RCON:  chapeter 8.3.2 Boot from RCON and boot from fuses

petervlna_0-1648109871090.png

I am not sure about test mode for 100%, but it is usually the factory test mode, not available to customers.

Which debug device do you use?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
茜安
Contributor I

Hello, Peter
Thank you very much for your answer. I have found the problem.
In our design, POR_B and RESET_B are connected together, so the chip cannot be started.
DEBUG can be completed after the connection is disconnected.

Best regards

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Did you secure it / used secure features?

Did you set fuses according to your needs?

Any program loaded in device?

Could you share more details?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
茜安
Contributor I

Hello, Peter
This is my first time using the S32R294 chip, which is empty without any programs.
On the first use, FUSE_SEL without actual physical pins I don't know how to set it. Does FUSE_SEL have a default value?
I am using the HELLO_world_S32R294 project of RSDK, which has been compiled and passed.
At present, I have tested three cases of BOOT: BOOTMOD1 and BOOTMOD are 01, 10 and 11 respectively. In these three modes, my debugger cannot connect to S32R294, and the crystal oscillator cannot start when tested to 40MHz.
What Boot modes should be used in debugging, and what is the meaning of Test mode?
After testing, it is found that the pin of RESET_B has been pulled down by S32R294, and the pull-up resistor does not work. No high level and pulse are observed in oscilloscope.

Best regards

0 Kudos