cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TRK MPC5604P - Issues with CAN Tx/Rx in working training example

joshua_dolphin
Contributor I

Hi, 

I am trying to complete the training exercise - LED Example. This is the default one which comes with the purchase - "FSK_TRK_MPC5604P_Training.pdf"

I have got to the stage where by I have flashed the code and trying to test. I can confirm that the LEDs are turning on/off when using switch and pot to control (when I have jumper connected for either REG_5V or USB_5V it works, but for SBC_5V it doesnt work, and no LEDs respond when switch is pressed for example). It appears that I cannot get the CAN message to turn on/off the LED, when I have a jumper across SBC_5V? 

In the example I have followed all the config and jumper settings etc. I am using a tool produce by Vector; CANalyzer. I have confirmed my CANalzyer config is working, as used on a live project and can see all Tx/Rx when tapping into a live bus on CAN1.

When having the 12v input to JP1 and connecting a jumper across SBC_5V (as requested in pdf), I see that the LEDs for D1-D4 are: 

D1: BOARD_PWR = OFF

D2:TGT_PWR = OFF

D3:USB_PWR = ON

D4:VBAT = ON

So according to these LEDs, D1 appears to show that the board has no power, I have 12V in and the jumper connected for SBC_5V. 

Please could someone assist?

0 Kudos
2 Replies

joshua_dolphin
Contributor I

Hi Peter, 

Thanks for your reply, it has now solved my issue. It was the jumper on J5 that I was missing! All CAN etc working now!

All the best,

Josh

0 Kudos

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

be sure you have J4 jumper open and J5 jumper closed. This will put SBC to debug mode and you need not to periodically refresh SBCs watchdog.

This way you should have just D1 ON. D2 is ON if USB cable is connected too.

You can find FlexCAN example on https://community.nxp.com/t5/MPC5xxx-Knowledge-Base/Example-TRK-MPC5604P-Initialization-of-SBC-chip-...

BR, Petr

0 Kudos