cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Safety issue of MPC5746R

qiaodeng
Contributor II

Hi All,

I want to use the MPC5746R to achieve ASIL-D level of ISO26262, but I almost have no idea about how to do the redundant design now,both hardware and software. The datasheet told me that MPC5746R is designed to achieve

ASIL-D, so how should I configure these safety modules like FCCU and STCU to fulfill this, and which of them is necessary?  

Also in terms of hardware, the method I can think of is to assign the necessary hardware resource  to the two different  peripheral bridges(e.g. I need a CAN, so I use FlexCAN_0, on peripheral cluster A, and FlexCAN_1, on

peripheral cluster B together). Is this a kind of redundant design? Is there any better method or any manual I can 

reference to?

Thanks

Qiao

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

First of all. If you like to create ASIL-D design you have to have a very good knowledge on safety mechanisms of HW and SW as well as have access to ISO26262 standard.

There are whole teams in big companies whose are working on achieving this safety level.

There is a safety manual which helps customers to achieve ASIL-D safety class.

You have to register and have signed Non-Disclosure Agreement from NXP representative to access to this manual.

This manual can guide you trough HW and SW desing requirements in order to fullfill ASIL-D.

However this doesn't mean TUV will certify your device for ASIL-D class.

Peter

0 Kudos