cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC5744B

Lance
Contributor I

Hi,

I have a SPC5744B chip, which has burned the HSM Code Block . Now the chip cannot enter the debug mode.

What should I do now?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
5 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Could you be more specific?

I have a SPC5744B chip, which has burned the HSM Code Block .

Did you program the HSM code block? Or the chip came preprogrammed?

Because if you create ECC fault in HSM code block, the device will validate it as side attack and the micro is locked for good.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Lance
Contributor I

Hi,

Yes,I burned my own random data to the HSM code flash (start at 0x0F8C0000),not the original data,  How can I determine whether it is an ECC error? If it is this error, how can I unlock it?

Thank you

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

If your device after power on reset stays in reset and the voltages are in datasheet specified ranges.

Then you have locked you device and there is no way to unlock it. (security protection mechanism).

Based on your description I expect this is your case, then you need to replace the micro.

Was the programming always successful or it went stuck or fail? This is the simplest way to create the ECC.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

Lance
Contributor I

Hello,

Now the emulator cannot connect to the chip, and an error is reported: Enter DEBUG mode failed 

Thank you

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Measure the reset line after power on reset.

If it is not released, and voltages are in correct range you locked the chip and must be replaced.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos