SPC563M64 JATG uncensoring through USB Multilink

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPC563M64 JATG uncensoring through USB Multilink

dmitriynechkin
Contributor I
Hi all. I have some trouble to connect SPC563M64 through USB Multilink. My device is in censored mode with configuration 0xAAAA_AAAA and serial password 0x1122334455667788. I try to uncensor device with this password, but have no connect. 

In normal boot mode {[0],[0]} i can read contents of full Shadow block through CAN (by my software), so I'm sure what serial password and configuration word is correct. But i can't uncensor device.

In serial boot mode {[1],[0]} i can access CAN boot mode with password 0xFEEDFACECAFEBEEF and i have JTAG/NEXUS access without censoring with flash access diasabled (as it should be). So power, JTAG connections etc done right.  

Power is stable, reset pulled up through 4K7 resistor. I tryed to connect MPC5674 with same censor configuration and JTAG uncensor pass with no troubles.

Any guess? 
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

have you tried to swap the password? On C90LC flash, it is necessary to swap the password like this 0xCAFEBEEFFEEDFACE (instead of 0xFEEDFACECAFEBEEF). Could you try that? Please let me know the result.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

dmitriynechkin
Contributor I

Yes, i know about this feature on C90CL devises, i tryed to use password as 0x5566778811223344, but not success. 

More info: I can rewrite shadow area by internal MCU software, and when i sets up config 0x55AA_55AA all gone right - full nexus access in uncensored mode. 

I remeber, what it impossible to do JTAG uncensor on old 55XX device, but this chip have DISNEX inhibit mechanism and JTAG Censor CTRL register.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I guess that you use CodeWarrior 2.10, right? I just found out that the the ICDPPCNEXUS debugger which is included in CW2.10 is not able to uncensor the device because there's a bug in drivers.

As a workaround, it is necessary to use CodeWarrior 10.6 or you can download PKGPPCNEXUS from www.pemicro.com

Sorry for inconvenience.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos