S32 Design Studio Windows Installation for Power

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32 Design Studio Windows Installation for Power

andydcoles
Contributor I

Struggling with Installation Privileges (supposedly given by IT), on my Corporate PC.

IT Department is trying to defeat the Program Installation Blocks, for intallation.

Power Windows Version of S32 DS ZIP File was unpacked OK.

Found loads of EXE Files in the 'bin' Folder.

Target Board has a MPC5644A MCU, but trying with a TRK-MPC5634M Demo Board, initially.

Assume the Installer is "powerpc-eabivle-gcc-4.9.4.exe", released December 20th, 2021.

A load of other EXE Files are located in the 'bin' Folder.  Six of them open DOS Command type Windows.

Would be helpful for NXP to supply basic installation information.  Perhaps a text file advising which EXE file installs S32 Design Studio, for the User.

0 Kudos
7 Replies

andydcoles
Contributor I

Hi Peter

Thanks for the information on S32 Design Studio.  I did intend to try that.  In the S32DS Release download, there were a load of EXE Files, but

no obvious Installer File in the unpacked Zip.  Not explained in the S32DSPAIG.pdf, either.

The Company I work for, is (still) using CodeWarrior 2.10 for legacy NXP Automotive MCU based Products.  The CW Program identifies itself

as 'CodeWarrior IDE version 5.9.0', in the Help | About Menu.  Copyright 1993-2008.  So it is really old!

With the first of two TRK-MPC5634M P&E Micro Demo Boards purchased, it appears as though Windows 11 Drivers are far too new,

to support the ICDPPCNEXUS Debugging Interface over USB, to the TRK-MPC5634M Board.

I did read a Community Forum Entry that reported ICDPPCNEXUS did appear to work with Windows 7, however.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

ok. The installation is pretty simple. You can choose only one exe file for download and the execute it.

petervlna_0-1713243169640.png

Not sure if I understood you correctly. All S32DS tips are in HOWTO on community I have posted before.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

andydcoles
Contributor I

Hi Peter

Thanks for your reply.

I just downloaded again the “NXP Embedded GCC for Power Architecture, v4.9.4 build 1705 – Windows”.

I’m targeting a MPC5644A MCU – this is a supported device in the above release.

Upon opening the Zip File downloaded, there was a single Folder inside: “powerpc-eabivle-4_9”.

Inside this, were the following Folders:

bin

include

lib

libexec

patches_applied

powerpc-eabivle

windows_support

releasenotes.pdf

Perhaps the Windows Installer File was missed from this upload?

Nothing obvious inside the ‘bin’ Folder, other than ‘powerpc-eabivle-gcc-4.9.4.exe’.

Regarding the “S32DS – list of HOWTos”, there is a Heading “Installation & Activation”.

The first entry that can be opened Is “HOWTO: Activate S32 Design Studio”.

I haven’t gotten that far, looking first for a Windows Installer File.

Best Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Well, so you want to install S32Design studio or standalone compiler plugin?

As you are referring to standalone GCC tool-chain for PowerPC:

NXP Embedded GCC for Power Architecture, v4.9.4 build 1705 – Windows

For S32DS for windows you have to install the basic package as I have expressed:

petervlna_0-1713342364949.png

Simply download it, Install it and you can work with MPC56xx devices.

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

andydcoles
Contributor I

Hi Peter

Many thanks for advice regarding which version of S32DS to install on Windows.

Actually found the migration from CodeWarrior fairly straightforward, once S32DS was installed.

Managed to compile/link for a TRK-MPC5634M Project in under half an hour, with minor source file changes.  Remarkable compatibility!

I'll check next elsewhere on the Community, on how to debug the Project with S32DS, next.

Best Regards

Andrew

0 Kudos

andydcoles
Contributor I
My Reply was to your latest post, read this Morning (04/16).

It might have appeared to have been to an earlier posting.

Thanks

Andrew
0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport
0 Kudos