cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reagarding power management in MPC5748G

SAchary11
Contributor I

Hello All,

I just want to know in details the power management modes available in MPC5748G.

As per the configuration, 9 different modes are available to configure in SDK but I don't see similar modes in the reference manual of controller.

Can somebody explain how these modes are derived?

SAchary11_0-1659971263977.png

For example,

1)in the configuration 3 different types of RUN modes are available such as RUN0, RUN1, RUN2. I really couldn't find the difference between these RUN modes in any document

2) I also never found about SAFE power mode in Reference Manual

where I can find details of these modes, When I checked in reference manual I don't see anything like the modes configured in SDK . I see modes related to LPU but it is different

Please share the document if it is available or give me some details of below modes, I need to use these power modes as per the application demand

*/
#define RESET (0u) /* Reset */
#define SAFE (1u) /* Safe */
#define DRUN (2u) /* Drun */
#define RUN0 (3u) /* Run option 0 */
#define RUN1 (4u) /* Run option 1 */
#define RUN2 (5u) /* Run option 2 */
#define RUN3 (6u) /* Run option 3 */
#define STOP (7u) /* Stop */
#define STANDBY (8u) /* Standby */

0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

I don't see similar modes in the reference manual of controller.

Can somebody explain how these modes are derived?

All modes are described in details in reference manual:

petervlna_0-1660026909427.png

1)in the configuration 3 different types of RUN modes are available such as RUN0, RUN1, RUN2. I really couldn't find the difference between these RUN modes in any document

Thats because user has to configure those modes according his needs and that will make difference.

For example in RUN0 you will have only eMIOS active, in RUN1 you will have active all peripherals.

= difference in power consumption based on mode configuration

2) I also never found about SAFE power mode in Reference Manual

That is because there is no SAFE mode in the device. Safe state is considered a reset mode for this particular device. SAFE mode was in older MPC56xx device which is no longer applied on later generations of devices.

Please refer to chapter 38.4.2 Modes Details in reference manual.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

SAchary11
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply! Yes I understand different modes are available.

Can you tell me in which section of the document says the exact difference between the different modes.

As you pointed out above RUN0 will have only eMIOS acive, where can I find all these details.

User can use these modes only when he knows what exactly happens in this mode, So requesting you to suggest where I can find the details.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

It is in chapter 38 of reference manual. Please read it carefully to understand how to configure the modes.

There are also 38.4.8 Initialization/Application Example.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos