Questions about the Core Self Test of the MPC5777C.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions about the Core Self Test of the MPC5777C.

youngseolee
Contributor III

Hello.

I'm looking for a means to periodically test the MPC5777C z759 Core during runtime.

(I tried to use the BIST module built into MPC5777C, but it seems difficult to use because a functional reset must occur after execution is complete.)

Looking at the NXP website, it seems that 'SWE200-CST002S' ICST library for e200 Core and 'SW32R37-Z7SCSTE' SCST library for e200z7 are provided. Can both libraries be applied to MPC5777C?

If both libraries are applicable, which library is more appropriate for the project for MPC5777C?

Please answer my questions.

Thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

SWE200-CST002S -  The core self-test package with instruction coverage metrics for VLE, BookE, and SPE instructions.  

On MPC5777C it should work. However, this core self-test covers only instructions. Other modules like Multiplier, Divider, Load/Store Unit, etc.. are not tested.

SW32R37-Z7SCSTE –This is no suitable for MPC5777C as it covers different sub variant of z7 core. We never tested it for MPC5777C.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Not sure what tests are you looking for but logic BIST is only testing integrity of core registers. Not core execution.

For core self test I will ask development team if it is feasible to use it for MPC55777C.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos

youngseolee
Contributor III

Thanks for your reply.
I look forward to your additional reply.

0 Kudos