Possibly effect on 5744 when TMS pin shorted to GND

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly effect on 5744 when TMS pin shorted to GND

liujinhang
Contributor III

we have a chip of 5744 with hardware problem "TMS pin shorted to GND", and we have done the further analysis with the help of NXP.  the further analysis report identified the damage region like below.

we want to know these damage region will how effect on behavior of 5744.

175627_175627.bmpTT截图未命名.bmp

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I don't know the background of your question but if the TMS pin does not work, you won't be able to use JTAG for debug. If only the TMS pad structure is damaged in a way that no further damage can occur (domino effect), it should not affect the rest of the chip.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

liujinhang
Contributor III

Thanks for your response. we do not be able to use JTAG for debug. but we also have other strange problem about software. See below:

1. the chip can not run when its temperature is low, but working when its temperature becoming high.

2. software run over without any code error. 

we want to know the reason about problem like above, but we have nothing way to test it. and now we only know the TMS pin was damaged. 

so we want some suggestion about how to assess this damage point bring to 5744 chip and the possible relevance with the software problems.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I'm afraid that there's no way to find out the root cause without JTAG interface.

Can you see this behavior only on this one chip which has damaged TMS pin? Are other boards working as expected?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos

liujinhang
Contributor III

we only see this behavior on two chips which has damaged TMS pin.  there are not  this behavior on chips without  damaged TMS pin.

0 Kudos

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It seems this is something I cannot help with. It's impossible to debug the chip without JTAG.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos