cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please let me know MPC5777C STCU2 Setting

jongminna
Contributor III

Dear All,

My MPC5777C Version is 3N45H and XOSC frequency is 40MHz,Core Clock is 264MHz.

I tried to MPC5777C STCU2 Setting refer to AN5288. AN5288 is attached this article.

Question 1 : I applied "MPC5777C_off-line_40MHzXOSC_PLL50MHz_3N45H.cmm" through Trace32. (Run batchfile)

Then I can see DCF configuration at 0x400300 address.. It looks fine.

But My application doesn't running well...

As you know, I asserted a Power-up reset for start of Off-line BIST.

But My hardwared has been invoked running reset continuously.

So I tried attach via Trace32, Then I can see STCU Registers.. The half of LBIST and MBIST Test results are success and passed, but remain test results are failed or ongoing status.

So I want to know that I have to more working for the STCU setting or MPC5777C_off-line_40MHzXOSC_PLL50MHz_3N45H.cmm includes some kind of bug.

Overall, Please let me know how can I STCU, especially off-line test with my hardware.

Question 2 : Can I re-write UTEST area which is stored DCF? When I execute "MPC5777C_off-line_40MHzXOSC_PLL50MHz_3N45H.cmm" file again, There are flash related error..

I mean I want to modify STCU registers for optimization of STCU setting. If UTEST area is writable only one time, I have to find a optimized register seting with manual and xls file? I don't belive it...

Best regards.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

marco_sacchi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

I don't have the answer for your question n^1, I should have a look at the cmm file and verify on my hw what is happening, but I can quickly answer to your question n^2: the answer is no, it isn't possible to erase and rewrite the UTEST area.

These devices are shipped from factory with Test Mode Disable Seal written. When this operation is performed, the UTEST memory become OTP and cannot be erased. If you need to modify parameter which have already been programmed, the only way is to append further DCF records at the end of the list of record already programmed in the customer's reserved area. The last value programmed is the only one used to program internal registers, in this way it is possible to modify parameters already programmed.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

To answer your first question.

In AN5288 there is attached excel file where all DCF records for STCU are described.

As I cannot open the cmm file attached to this AN, I will try to guide you.

Check your UTEST flash DCF record area. On fresh sample it should looks like:

pastedImage_1.png

So start your DCF records programming from address 0x400308.

Bellow configuration of BIST is performed trough DCF records:

1. Unlock the STCU

2. Configure STCU CFG register - to set BIST clk source and pointer to first BIST (MBIST or LBIST)

3. Configure MBIST (Last MBISTx must run sequentially)

4. Configure LBIST

5. Configure STCU2 Run Register (STCU2_RUN) - to start BIST

This is general procedure.

Peter

0 Kudos