cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PE debugger connection issue with MPC5643L evaluation kit

rajakumaranazha
Contributor II

Hello,

We are working with evaluation kit [MPC5643L daughter board with MC33908 mother board].

Till today morning i could able to program the shadow memory & flash memory using PE micro debugger.

But suddenly, my debugger could not able to connect with the target board instead it shows the below error message in the console.

pastedImage_1.png

I have tried to find the solution in the forum and ended with no success. I understand that target is not entering into the debug mode, but i didn't get the hint to how we can recover the target board from this issue.

Can someone help me with the steps or additional setting to be done?

The last followed sequence is as follows.

1. Power up the starter kit.

2. Run the "cw_progppcnexus.exe"

3. Load the algorithm "Freescale_MPC5643L_1x32x2_Shadow_Blk_DPM_LSM_Config.pcp"

4. Erase the content by below option

pastedImage_2.png

5. Set the DPM mode by available commands.

6. Program the module by using icon in the tool bar.[Gives error that s record not available]

7. Load the s-record file to the environment 

8. again set the DPM mode by the command

9. Program the module

10. verify the module

11. Power cycle the starter kit

12. Run the "cw_icdppcnexus.exe"from the code warrior tool "CW for MPC55xx and MPC56xx 2.10"

13. The console shows the below message(also 2 cores are "running")

pastedImage_3.png

14. Then after i could not able to update shadow block to switch to LSM mode due to the error message described already.

15. The debugger setting window for your reference

pastedImage_4.png

0 Kudos
4 Replies

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, according to your description I am almost sure your device is permanently censored. It happens in case user erases shadow flash content, following by any kind of reset. If this happen by mentioned error, whatever its reason was, there is no change to recover.

See following  thread:

https://community.nxp.com/message/502982 

0 Kudos

rajakumaranazha
Contributor II

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. Does it mean, the device can't be used anymore?

Can't we reprogram the shadow flash contents using alternate boot mode(serial boot mode) to recover the device ?

Rgds,

Raj

0 Kudos

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

If shadow flash was erased, followed by reset (without programming of valid data) then the device is censored forever. Application in the chip will be running standalone but you will not connect by debugger anyhow. If you switch to serial boot mode, you may connect by debugger but you can run only RAM target and the whole content of internal flash is inaccessible. It cannot be uncensored anyhow because shadow flash does not contain valid password (all FF's is not valid password).

Sorry for bad news.

0 Kudos

rajakumaranazha
Contributor II

Hi David,

Since i used the shadow flash algorithm from "PKGPPCNEXUSSTARTER", I am not sure about whether the censorship information in shadow flash has erased or not. But by chance if it got erased, how it shall be confirmed? 

It means, Is there any way to read the shadow memory content to confirm this issue?

Rgds,

Raj

0 Kudos