P&E Nexus/JTAG Issues---Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P&E Nexus/JTAG Issues---Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution.

Jump to solution
王剑翰
Contributor III

The device is MPC5565 and we can not use P&E tool to read or erase the ROM, and the P&E show the below error:

Error : Error in ONCE status register during instruction execution.

22075_22075.jpgPE error.jpg

Could you kindly help to give me some advice about it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

I shall answer your questions:

1) Error in ONCE status means the communication between the P&E interface and the chip has been lost. This can be due to debug shift frequency being too fast, or a RESET has occurred, or bad signal due to bad hardware. First, please lower the debug shift frequency in connection manager.

2) Yes monitor TDO, TDI and TCK but I would also monitor RESET as well. If RESET is always toggling, that means there is a watchdog causing periodic resets.

3) Do you have any custom ribbon cables, adapters, or other unique hardware setup? This can cause delays in communication and slow fall/rise times so it is important to shield long ribbon cables and slow the debug shift frequency to have a stable communication.

Takao Yamada

P&E Microcomputer Systems

View solution in original post

5 Replies
bingwang312
Contributor III

I got same errors on my devkit mpc5744p board with latest version of S32DS PA V2.1 with everything updated, in debug configuration tab, the shift frequency is gray color always 5MHz, not changeable.

0 Kudos
Lloyd
Contributor I

I get the same question,and the type is the same as you .could you please give me the answer if you had solved the ploblem.Please!!!

0 Kudos
takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

Try the following suggestions and questions:

1) Lower the debug shift frequency. This is a setting found in the connection manager. Lower the frequency until you tried the slowest option.

2) Try the latest software. It may be that older software had bugs and problems and it is best to try the latest software to see if it will fix your problem. We have a demo version of the latest software here:

http://www.pemicro.com/downloads/download_file.cfm?download_id=194

You will need to get a trial license but that will allow you to try connecting to your target. Note, that this trial software is code size limited to 64K. If the new software works, then you will need to purchase a full version of the latest software.

3) Have you ever gotten your setup to work in the past? If it did work in the past, what changes have you made?

4) Do you have any custom ribbon cables, adapters, reset circuitry, external watchdog, system bus chip, or other unique hardware between the P&E interface and the chip?

Takao Yamada

王剑翰
Contributor III

Dear Yamada san,

Thank you for your kindly answer.

We have tried to lower the debug shif frequency as your advice, but the failure is all the same.

Then, we exchanged another same board to confirm, all is right. We exchanged the MPC5565 for the two boards.  And, the failure point at the  MPC5565 in the failure board.

I want to check more failure information for this case, but I don't know how the "Error" failure happen.

1,What is the wrong signals for P&E tool so that it will report the "Error" in the status window?

2,Is checking the waveform of the TDO, TDI, TCK helpful?

3,If you have other advice, pls also kindly tell me.

Thank you & Best regards!

Jehan Wang

0 Kudos
takaoyamada
Contributor IV

Greetings,

I shall answer your questions:

1) Error in ONCE status means the communication between the P&E interface and the chip has been lost. This can be due to debug shift frequency being too fast, or a RESET has occurred, or bad signal due to bad hardware. First, please lower the debug shift frequency in connection manager.

2) Yes monitor TDO, TDI and TCK but I would also monitor RESET as well. If RESET is always toggling, that means there is a watchdog causing periodic resets.

3) Do you have any custom ribbon cables, adapters, or other unique hardware setup? This can cause delays in communication and slow fall/rise times so it is important to shield long ribbon cables and slow the debug shift frequency to have a stable communication.

Takao Yamada