cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCF[38] XBIC Error when erasing Flash

Jump to solution
Jamber_H
Contributor III

SPC5744P, when erasing Flash via MCAL, NCF[38] Alarm is triggered, and if NMI of this alarm is enabled, a NMI is triggered.

NCF[38].png

But if I set a breakpoint in FLASH_AC_CALL , which point to the function 

Fls_Flash_AccessCode(), NCF[38] is not triggered.
Fls_Flash_AccessCode.png

If Lauterbach is not connected, NMI is triggered too.

How to resolve this problem?
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Jamber_H
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. This address is covered by SMPU, so it's no relation with SMPU. This problem is occured only when watching 0x00FE0000 in dump window of Lauterbach and DualPort is enabled. So I think it's triggered when simultaneously erasing by MCU and reading by Lauterbach, then bus error trigers a XBAR Monitor Error, which is reported by XBIC to FCCU.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

From my point of view, you can check whether the LOCK bit of the block which covers the address 0x00FE0000 (the 64 KB high flash memory block 4) is set. One more point is you can check the write/read permission to that address in SMPU.

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos
Jamber_H
Contributor III

Thank you for your reply. This address is covered by SMPU, so it's no relation with SMPU. This problem is occured only when watching 0x00FE0000 in dump window of Lauterbach and DualPort is enabled. So I think it's triggered when simultaneously erasing by MCU and reading by Lauterbach, then bus error trigers a XBAR Monitor Error, which is reported by XBIC to FCCU.

0 Kudos
namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello @Jamber_H,

Yes, it's probably an issue of read-while-write. However, you've said that even when the lauterbach is disconnected, the issue is still persist. Could you clarify?

Best Regards,

Nam

0 Kudos
Jamber_H
Contributor III

After further testing, the reson of abnormally reset when Lauterbach is not connected is explained that: 

When Lauterbach is connected, watching 0x00FE0000, and DualPort is enabled, MCU is reset during erasing this address, so the erasing oparation is not completly and ECC error is triggered  by reading after MCU reset, and it will trigger further reset by FCCU, so once this issue is occured, this sector will always triggers reset, even if Lauterbach is removed later.

I tested disable DualPort in Lauterbach, it will work normally and no reset will be triggered. Then I removed Lauterbach and reset power, it works normally still.

So the reset of MCU with Lauterbach connected or not is different.

namnguyenviet
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I understood. Glad to hear that you could find the issue.

Best Regards,

Nam

Jamber_H
Contributor III

Thank you

Best Regards

Jamber

0 Kudos