cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mpc5125 failed to start

frank747
Contributor II

hello everyone.

I'm working on a board we designed. This board uses mpc5125 processor and uses LPC peripherals to start. When the board starts several thousand times, it will occasionally fail to start once. When the board fails to start, LCP_ CLK will not output normally and CS0 signal will not be valid. We suspect that it is the power start-up sequence or reset configuration word and other problems, but from the actual test, when the problem occurs, these signals are not abnormal. If you have any relevant experience, please tell us what other reasons may affect this problem.

I tried to change the reset configuration word on our board to NFC startup, so that the CPU can not run the program. We found that in this case, LCP_ CLK will not output normally. We analyzed the clock system of 5125 and found that this modification can affect LPC_ clk。 If you know this question, please help me.

thank you.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Usually incorrect power-up sequence or incorrect RCW or incorrect clock timing on SYS_XTAL_IN input produces fail to start of the MPC5125.

Is there problem NAND Flash using after booting from the NOR Flash on LPC bus.

Note: It the MPC5125 boot from the NOR Flash (on the LPC bus), the MPC5125 LPC bus is available after boot.

It the MPC5125 boot from the NAND Flash, the MPC5125 LPC bus is not available after boot.

0 Kudos