MPC5xxx - FLEXCAN wakeup from stop mode

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5xxx - FLEXCAN wakeup from stop mode

muzaffaralishei
Contributor I

I am using MPC574x chip. I am trying to configure FLEXCAN 2 for stop mode and wakeup. I have two questions in this regard:

1. the data sheet keeps mentioning that configure FLEXCAN for stop mode but does not say how explicitly do this. I mean no clear instruction on how the FLEXCAN is set to STOP mode

2. If I configure the FLEXCAN 2 for wake-up from STOP mode using the self wake-up mechanism, what should be the configuration of WKPU module. #MPC57xx Flexcan stop mode  #lpustop#canwakeup

0 Kudos
2 Replies

muzaffaralishei
Contributor I

Thanks for the reply. I am aware of pretended networking.

I do not want to implement selective wake-up based on any particular CAN message but a wake-up on any CAN message. 

My query is to wake-up the uC with any CAN message or a CAN wake-up event via the CAN_RxD pin. To do this should I configure both WKPU (falling edge on CAN RxD pin) and FLEXCAN or only WKPU.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

which microcontroller you use? MPC574xG or MPC574xP?

I am not sure, if I understand your question at all. You want to wake up microcontroller from STOP (LPU STOP) using FlexCan module?

If you use MPC5748G, there is pretended networking CAN feature, which could be used for this purpose. Please see the following example:

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-330283 

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos