cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[MPC5777M] Board stuck in MCU reset

umabk
Contributor III

Hi,

I used S32DS to debug some code on the MPC5777M board (MPC5777M-512DS). The board now seems to be stuck in reset state. The red LED signaling MCU reset is constantly glowing.

I am not able to use S32DS to load any new code onto the board. I get the error: "Error in services launch sequence. Failed to launch GDB server. Please check that another instance of pegdbserver_console.exe is not running. "  No other instance of pegdbserver is running on my computer.

Power cycling the board and my computer did not help. Please help me resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

Daniel_Wax
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

This thread seems like it could be discussing a similar issue.  

https://community.nxp.com/thread/395670 

0 Kudos

yalamandadosaky
Contributor V

Hi Uma, Kill the running gdb server from the terminal using

>$ps -eaf | grep gdb 

>$sudo kill <ppid>/<ppd>

then try to flash the code.

0 Kudos

umabk
Contributor III

Hi Yalamanda,

I get this error even when no active instance of the gdb server is running on my system. Power cycling also hasn't helped.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

which version of S32DS you use? version 1.0 or 1.1? Do you use Windows or Linux operating system?

Do you have your own board design or you use NXP EVB? What is the mask of your microcontroller?

Which debug probe you use?

Have you ever connected to this board? Was there any code loaded before?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

michaelchien
Contributor II

hi market

I also encounter the similar condition, reset of MPC5746 always pull low in our design board. I use the S32 DS for power arthitecture  version 1.1 and also install GNU E200 PEMicro Interface Debugging Support. It's ok when I try to program code into your EVB. But I can't program our design board due to reset pin low. Do you have any idea for me to debug this issue?

by the way, there are same condition in our 2 design boards.   

0 Kudos

michaelchien
Contributor II

Hi market

I figured out the reason. Ignore this question, please. Thank you!

0 Kudos

umabk
Contributor III

Hi Martin,

I'm using S32DS Version 1.1 on a Linux operating system. The board is a MPC577M-512DS with a MPC57xx Motherboard. The MCU is PPC5777M2MVA8B 0N50N. For debugging I use the PE Micro Multilink Universal with JTAG.

I have been using this board for 2 days without any problems. There was code loaded before, which I have been able to debug. When I tried with new code, something seems to have pushed the board into a permanent reset state.

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

have you another microcontroller which you can switch to Daughter card? If yes, please switch the micro and try to connect to new one.

If not, please measure power supply voltage and also reset line. Is reset line constantly low?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

umabk
Contributor III

Hi Martin,

I did have another daughter card and chip and so switched to that one since our requirement was urgent. The new one works fine. If we switch back to the earlier one and try again, I will let you know.

Thanks for your response.

Regards,

Uma

0 Kudos