cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C ECC and FCCU

mauriziogreco
Contributor III

Hi, all

I'would like to find a relation between ECC detections  reported by ERM  (ERM_SR0, ERM_SR1, ERM_SR2, for example)

1.png

and the FCCU NCF availables into MPC5777C.

Where I can found a well described link between ERM events and NCF ?

I know that there are two NCF candidated to collect ERM:

2.png

By the way, I tried to generate error using EIM, but I found indication into ERM, but also having FCCU NCF_45, 46 active, no reaction I found about them.

But what can be say about the other NCF related to some ECC indication?

NCF_29 EDC_ECC_FLASH

NCF_30 EDC_ECC_FLASH_C

NCF_31 ENC_ERR_FLASH

Thanks in advance, for answer.

4 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

There is no description other than table of FCCU inputs regarding FCCU faults.

This is common for all MPC5xxx micros.

I was also struggling with the same issues like you and I have released FCCU faults input application note for MPC5744P:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5259.pdf 

In principle most of the fault sources works the same.

regarding your ERM questions:

FCCU can report 2 faults from the ERM module (45 and 46).

When there is uncorrectable ECC error you have to look at FCCU fault 46 and if this flag is set then you check ERM for its source.

Same for single bit ECC faults (FCCU fault 45).

Reaction must be set in FCCU, otherwise there is no reaction. (Noncritical Fault Enable (FCCU_NCF_En)

All faults are noncritical and it is responsibility of user to set proper FCCU reaction depending of fault severity to his system.

But what can be say about the other NCF related to some ECC indication?

NCF_29 EDC_ECC_FLASH

NCF_30 EDC_ECC_FLASH_C

I have explained EDC mechanism in my AN (link above).

NCF_31 ENC_ERR_FLASH

Indication of hardware fault resulting in corrupted flash memory access.

I can only guess here. - it looks like repeating EDC error caused by HW (radiation, etc..) and not by E2E flash protection mechanisms.

Peter

0 Kudos

mauriziogreco
Contributor III

Hi Peter, I also red the FCCU faults input application note for MPC5744P. It's a good document. 

I m searching to complete a similar document for the MPC5777C. For this reason I'm asking on community.

For example Can I create this following equivalence:

MPC5777C                                                      MPC5744P

NCF_29   EDC_ECC_FLASH                         NCF[34] Error in the ECC correction logic through an EDC

NCF_30  EDC_ECC_FLASH_C                       NCF[35] Error in the address ECC manipulation logic through an EDC

NCF_31  ENC_ERR_FLASH                           NCF[36] Flash memory controller detected a transaction monitor mismatch

NCF_32  ADDR_FDBK_ERR_FLASH_C            And for this ???? 

Can you help me to complete it?

For another way I'm searching (without FAKE inj register) to stimulate error, in order to "found" fault condition able to trigger these NCF.

For NCF_29 I read from a special UTEST area and I found the activation of NCF_29, really.

How I can trigger NCF_30 EDC_ECC_FLASH_C ?

Regards

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Yes, some equivalents can be created.

NCF_29   EDC_ECC_FLASH  - Is NCF[34] but rooted on different fault number.

NCF_30  EDC_ECC_FLASH_C - error in ECC mechanism detected via EDC. hardware fault in the Flash Memory Controller resulting in corrupted ECC detection/correction. This telling you that ECC mechanism is corrupted due to HW error.

NCF_31  ENC_ERR_FLASH - Mismatch in the communication between controller and array.. But I have no information how this is detected. Indication of hardware fault resulting in corrupted flash memory access.

NCF_32  ADDR_FDBK_ERR_FLASH_C  - Indication of an addressing error in the Flash Memory Controller resulting in corrupted flash memory access. This fault is signaled when EDC mechanism detects error in address. I would say it is similar as NCF35 in MPC5744p.

For NCF_29 I read from a special UTEST area and I found the activation of NCF_29, really.

How I can trigger NCF_30 EDC_ECC_FLASH_C ?

I expect you can trigger it by creating voltage spikes/drops on flash so the device will be out of spec. But really you don't have to care about it. This is mostly related to EMC issues.

Peter

mauriziogreco
Contributor III

Hi Peter,  Great!

thank you very much for information.

0 Kudos