cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C DSPI E without SIN

Jump to solution
Eartha
Contributor I

From DS,I see DSPI E is different from other DSPIs,DSPI E don't have serial Data In(SIN) signals,is this mean that DSPI E is three-wire system which is half-duplex ?AS DS shows,DSPI E don't have SIN, but SINE exist in the system IO definition document.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if DSPI_E is used in SPI mode only then it is the same module as others. SINE signal is available as shown in the IO definition file.

Table 42-1 wants to say that DSPI_E does not support DSI/CSI mode. I have to agree it's very confusing, this needs to be updated.

To be absolutely sure, I did quick check on my board using external loop back mode on DSPI_E and it is working as expected.

Hope this helps and sorry for confusion.

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

there's no difference.

It seems you are talking about "2.1 416-ball MAPBGA pin assignments" and "2.2 516-ball MAPBGA pin assignments" in DS, right? Please notice that these diagrams do not contain all information because these devices offer a lot of multiplexing options:

lukaszadrapa_0-1611641246387.png

IO definition document is the important one. SINE is routed to pin AE7 on 416pin package and to pin AD7 on 516pin package.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Eartha
Contributor I

Hi,thanks. About multiplexing options, it can be understood. Then, DSPI E don't have SIN, is this mean that DSPI E is three-wire system which is half-duplex ?

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

"Then, DSPI E don't have SIN,"

- not sure if I can understand. I wrote "SINE is routed to pin AE7 on 416pin package and to pin AD7 on 516pin package." This is shown in the IO definition excel file. Where do you see that there's no SIN for DSPI E?

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
Eartha
Contributor I

Thanks again. I see that in chapter 42 named deserial serial peripheral interface(DSPI) of MPC5777CRM.There is a table named table 42-1 DSPI instance feature differences.  

0 Kudos
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if DSPI_E is used in SPI mode only then it is the same module as others. SINE signal is available as shown in the IO definition file.

Table 42-1 wants to say that DSPI_E does not support DSI/CSI mode. I have to agree it's very confusing, this needs to be updated.

To be absolutely sure, I did quick check on my board using external loop back mode on DSPI_E and it is working as expected.

Hope this helps and sorry for confusion.

Regards,

Lukas

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Aah, ok, thanks, now the question is clear to me. There's obviously some inconsistency between the IO definition file and RM. Let me check this. I will get back to you as soon as possible.

0 Kudos