cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C Boot Issue

Jump to solution
jeffcampbell
Contributor III

I'm having trouble getting the MPC5777C to run a program out of ROM.  I got it to run from RAM just fine.

With my ROM setup, I have configured memory as follows:

Address     Value

0x0080_0000 0x015A0000

0x0080_0004 0x00800200

0x0080_0200 (start of program)

The other potential RCHW areas are unwritten, and I verified these locations via debugger.

However, when I reset the chip and follow it with a debugger, it seems to crash in the middle of startup and leave the PC pointing to 0xFFFF_4024, in the middle of the PASS memory area.  I don't know why it's jumping there.  Are there other boot setup steps I'm possibly missing?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is nothing special which need to be done.
After reset the device start BAM and then jumps to start address defined in RCHW.

I have made tests exactly for your setup and had no issue to successfully execute program.

My example is attached.

If you want you can sent me your project, but there is nothing special to be done.

Check my example.

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have chosen Cobra90 initialization as the cores for Cobra55 (MPC5777C) and Cobra90(MPC567xR) are the same. As GHS do not released board initialization/startup codes for Cobra55 (at least in GHS 6.1.4. which I am using) there is no problem to use Cobra90 one.

Peter

0 Kudos
jeffcampbell
Contributor III

That makes sense.  I tried again with that in mind and it came together.  I must've been using the wrong combination of files before.

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

There is nothing special which need to be done.
After reset the device start BAM and then jumps to start address defined in RCHW.

I have made tests exactly for your setup and had no issue to successfully execute program.

My example is attached.

If you want you can sent me your project, but there is nothing special to be done.

Check my example.

Peter

0 Kudos
jeffcampbell
Contributor III

Well, your project works, but I'm a bit puzzled as to why - the project is configured for the MPC567xR.  I tried setting up a stub project using only those settings, but with no luck.  The only guess I can make is that I'm missing the board initialization library, but that doesn't seem to exist under the MPC5777C menu.  I've attached the project below, hopefully I'm just missing something simple.

0 Kudos
jeffcampbell
Contributor III

Thanks Peter, I'll check this out.

0 Kudos