Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777C-416DS daughtercard EVB

Jump to solution
vmedina
Contributor III

Hello,

I have received an evalboard and daughtercard for the MPC5777C.

Unfortunately I am not having any success getting JTAG access on the MCU. When I attempt to connect, I can see the reset LED flashing, but I am unable to connect to it. 

I have tested a PEMicro Cyclone Max and PEMicro Multilink Universal, both using the 14-pin jtag connector. 

After reading the user guide I do not see anything that needs to be modified to connect to the microcontroller. I have re-seated the mcu, but have had no success still.

Is there anything that I could have missed during the setup of this EVB?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
vmedina
Contributor III

Hello,

I found the solution to be that the daughter-cards ship with J21 having a jumper connecting pins 5 and 6.

This jumper needs to be moved up on J21 to connect pins 1 and 2. (The 1.25V source was not being supplied properly)

Thanks,

Victor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
vmedina
Contributor III

Hello,

I found the solution to be that the daughter-cards ship with J21 having a jumper connecting pins 5 and 6.

This jumper needs to be moved up on J21 to connect pins 1 and 2. (The 1.25V source was not being supplied properly)

Thanks,

Victor

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Ok I was about to tell you to check power supply jumpers.

Usually if it is not SWT issue, than it's jumpers or soldering.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

are you getting any error message.

As there is no know issue to connect to micro without SW.

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
vmedina
Contributor III

The only message I recieve from the PROGPPCNEXUS_CYCLONEMAX software is:

"can't communicate with target processor. please check your connections between the cable and the target and make sure the target has power"

I am seeing the reset_out light(D8) turn on immediately when powering up the board. It is then held in reset the entire time. I have tried 2 separate MPC5777C microcontrollers with the same result on both tries. Both of them are brand new and haven't been flashed with anything. The micros are seated properly and appear to be held in reset.

I have used a 5V pull up to manually apply a reset to the micro which pulls it out of reset (rest_out light turns off), however I still cannot connect.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hmm,

what did you see on reset line after power on reset on scope?

Is it toggling and then permanent reset or it is permanently in reset?

regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
vmedina
Contributor III

Hi Peter,

When measuring the reset line with a scope during power on, Reset is being pulled high and stays high. I have used a second daughtercard and micro and experienced the same problem. I am not sure if there is a jumper that I need to move around?

See below, it looks exactly like the voltage reference on the daughter card. (Blue is reset, yellow is the voltage reference on the board)

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos