Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5777 with eTPU motor control functions

robert_metzerot
Contributor II

Hello together,

i work with MPC5777C and S32-Studio.

I want realize a Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor Vector Control. I read  a lot of application notes like AN3206 about using eTPU for this.

I want use the following eTPU-functions therefore:

•  ASAC
  • PMSMVC
  • PWMMAC
  • PWMF
  • QD
  • QD_Index  (Is QD here still inside?)

Now i have some questions:

1. I tried to download the functions above from the eTPU function selector in one package. The PWMF and QD_Index functions are not in the generated zip-file. Single download of PMWF or download for an other device doesn't work, too. What coult be the reason?
  2. Are there other application notes for MPC5777C and my application? All AN's about eTPU-functions and motor control are written for MPC55xx. Are there important differents in using eTPU-function on MPC5777C i have overlooked?

Thank you for helpful answers!

Robert.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1) These functions are included in the downloaded ZIP package, but it does not have own API as it is being configured over the other function. For instance QD_Index function is used with API of QD function. Whether you have checked QD_Index or not, it affects etpu_set.h and etpu_qd_auto.h files. In the GCT tool, you can configure it over QD function where you will choose also index channel.

2) Not really, it is almost the same. There is difference between eTPU and eTPU2, but it is backward compatible.

I have simple example for eTPU and MPC5777C stored here:
https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-335584 

The difference that would someone don’t expect is that for the proper functionality it is needed to configure input glitch filter (IGF) module - pay attention to main function.

In other aspects it is basically the same procedure as describes in the dosument below showing how to use eTPU PWM function, step by step:
http://www.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/app_note/AN4687.pdf