Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G USB Dependency on UART

Jump to solution
nextsteve
Contributor III

Hi,

We are experiencing a weird issue on our MPC5748G where the USB is unreliable without a valid level on LIN1RX.

We are using the Green Hills RTOS and the Microchip USB83340 transceiver on ULPI0, connected as a USB device to a host CPU running Linux.

We have LIN1 on PC6/7 going to a header that we use as a debug terminal with the FTDI smart cable.

If the FTDI cable is unconnected, our USB connection will consistently drop.

When the FTDI cable is connected or I add a 100k pull up on LIN1RX, then the connection is fine.

It is also interesting that when our debug nexus probe is connected which pulls high all of the MDO signals on ports L and M, then that also fixes USB.

Is there any reason why the debug UART or nexus probe would have any affect on the USB?

Thanks,

Steve 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it's really not clear to me what happened. How did you configured LIN1RX pins? Is internal pull up resistor enabled? Have you tried the disable rx interrupt from LIN1? If the pin is floating, it could lead to accidental false interrupts...

It does not explain why it works with nexus probe but I do not have other idea now...

Regards,

Lukas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

it's really not clear to me what happened. How did you configured LIN1RX pins? Is internal pull up resistor enabled? Have you tried the disable rx interrupt from LIN1? If the pin is floating, it could lead to accidental false interrupts...

It does not explain why it works with nexus probe but I do not have other idea now...

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos
nextsteve
Contributor III

You are probably correct Lukas. Was just wondering if there was any other peculiarity to this processor that could be causing our issue. 

0 Kudos