cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G Nexus Connector

Jump to solution
nextsteve
Contributor III

Hi, could I get confirmation of the Nexus connector part number used on the MPC5748G eval board?

I found AN4224:

http://www.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4224.pdf

which says the recommended 50 pin connector is the Samtec ASP–148422–01, but I could not find any stock of that part at any distributor.

Is that the part to use or should I transition to one of the other suggested connectors?

Our Green Hills debugger connects fine to the Nexus connector on the eval board so I wanted to use the same one on our dev board we will eventually make so wanted to make sure I am using the correct connector that I can actually get.

Thanks,

Steve

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
1 Solution
alexvinchev
Contributor V

HI,

I believe that Newark have it at supplier stock (shipped to you in 2-3 business days):

ASP-148422-01 - SAMTEC - .8MM EDGE RATE SOCKET ASM | Newark element14

It is pricey, but would work for samples. For mass production I think JTAG is better(cheaper, simpler and little bit slower) alternative. I'm actually using it also for development and if you don't need fancy Lauterbach features, it is working pretty well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
alexvinchev
Contributor V

HI,

I believe that Newark have it at supplier stock (shipped to you in 2-3 business days):

ASP-148422-01 - SAMTEC - .8MM EDGE RATE SOCKET ASM | Newark element14

It is pricey, but would work for samples. For mass production I think JTAG is better(cheaper, simpler and little bit slower) alternative. I'm actually using it also for development and if you don't need fancy Lauterbach features, it is working pretty well.

0 Kudos
nextsteve
Contributor III

Thanks for the input Aleksandar!

I actually got a quote from Samtec and they will sell it direct with ~2 wk delivery at a very reasonable price.

Agree for mass production simple JTAG is the way to go.

Thanks,

Steve

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

I have checked the BOM for MPC5748G EVB and there's Samtec ASP–148422–01 too. I'm not really sure if alternative exists for this connector...

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos