MPC5748G EVB - AutoSAR integration

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G EVB - AutoSAR integration

karma_JC
Contributor I
  1. Can EB Tresos generated AutoSAR OS and MCAL code to build using compiler other than WindRiver and Green Hill; for example, GNU compiler, or default compiler for S32 Studio???
  2. Is AutoSAR OS needed to be matched with corresponding version fo AutoSAR MCAL?
    1. Or, Would AutoSAR MCAL work with other OS’s such as freeRTOS???
    2. Or, can we use AutoSAR MCAL without OS????
  3. For some of AutoSAR OS MCAL packages, it has 2 variant "QM" and "ISO26262", what are the difference between them?
  4. For AutoSAR build, do you have step by step instructions on how to setup the base in EB Tresos project? I found the instruction for importing example.  But, the example encountered a lot of issues with version number during configuration loading.   It required some modification on configuration to pass code generation.
0 Kudos
1 Reply

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Can EB Tresos generated AutoSAR OS and MCAL code to build using compiler other than WindRiver and Green Hill; for example, GNU compiler, or default compiler for S32 Studio???

Only Greenhills or windriver for PowerPC cores. ARM cores are supported by S32DS GCC compiler.

Is AutoSAR OS needed to be matched with corresponding version fo AutoSAR MCAL?

Yes.

Or, Would AutoSAR MCAL work with other OS’s such as freeRTOS???

It depends, If the OS was developed according to AUTOSAR standard, then yes. But I dont think there are any other OSs then Vector or Electronic ones for AUTOSAR.

Or, can we use AutoSAR MCAL without OS????

Yes

For some of AutoSAR OS MCAL packages, it has 2 variant "QM" and "ISO26262", what are the difference between them?

Compliance to safety standard. QM - quality managed. ISO26262 - for ASIL classes.

For AutoSAR build, do you have step by step instructions on how to setup the base in EB Tresos project? I found the instruction for importing example. But, the example encountered a lot of issues with version number during configuration loading. It required some modification on configuration to pass code generation.

No, there is no step by step guide from NXP. Maybe from other vendors. Also third party vendors offer trainings on AUTOSAR. We do not directly offer trainings.

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos