cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5748G ENET

Jump to solution
sondre89
Contributor II

Hello! Is there any examples or documents where I can find information on how to configure and use ENET on MPC5748G?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kushalshah
Contributor II

Hi alextimpau​, here is the code.

It is targeted to NXP X-MPC574xG-Mother board and Daughter card board. And this project is made using S32 Design Studio for Power.

It will toggle LED DS2 when it receives the data.

You can use Packet Sender app for this.

Finally it sends packets using UDP protocol.

View solution in original post

54 Replies
kushalshah
Contributor II

Hi huqiang​,

You can use wire-shark to observe the received packets.

The name of other app is itself is "Packet-sender"( https://packetsender.com/​)

The project is configured in polling mode for transferring packets and in the interrupt mode for receiving packets. Watch for transferred packet in above two apps directly. And for received packets interrupt is generated which toggles the DS2 LED on mother board.

Thanks,

Kushal

0 Kudos
virbhadrahankun
Contributor I

Please share the screen shot of packet sender. So I can set same in my app. I am not able to receive frame transmitted by packet sender.

0 Kudos
huqiang
Contributor IV

Hi kushalshah​,

Thank you for your suggestion.

I will try it later.

Regards,

Qiang

0 Kudos
alextimpau
Contributor III

Hi Kushal Shah!

I have a problem when trying to upload the source code: in the final stage of debugging this error occurred

error.png

Could you please tell me what changes should I do to run this application successfully?

Best regards,

Alex.

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Alex,

this is the problem of S32DS. Look at these following threads. We have already solved this problem, so there are some points which you can try.

I have an error : Launching L1_Z4.elf has encoutered a problem.Error starting process.

P&E Connection Assistant Error

Regards,

Martin

alextimpau
Contributor III

Hi Kushal Shah!

Thank you very much!

Regards,
Alex.

0 Kudos
sondre89
Contributor II

Still no luck getting the ENET to work. Do i need to do something with the switch that 5748 uses?

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

could you please more clarify your problem? Are you able to build/compile the project?

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
sondre89
Contributor II

My task is to send an ethernet packet from my eval board to my computer. The project can build/compile without errors. Im using the example code you gave me with some changes to the GPIO init function. As now I am using Wireshark to capture packets sendt on the network. If I understand correctly the buffer is sent when TDAR is 1 and I should be able to see the packet on the network, right ? As long as my GPIO is initialized correctly. However, after TDAR is set, there is nothing to caputre from 5748G. I think the problem is my setup of the gpio, or the clock maby. Is there anyway to debug the transmission of the buffer?

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

at first, try to measure signal on Tx pin, if you are able to transmit something. You are correct about TDAR, but wireshark is able to display only PDU, which has correct format.  So wireshark is the last possibility to debug.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos
sondre89
Contributor II

That is a good point. Gotta freshen up some skills with the scope then. Thanks!

0 Kudos
sondre89
Contributor II

Hello! Thank you for the examle code. I will try to make it work =)

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

we have ENET driver for MPC5775K, but it should be the same module as on the MPC5748G. Maybe it will be necessary to update some register names because of different header files.

Regards,

Martin