Hi all , I want to use the communication CAN FD on MPC5748G. I look some information with NXP Community. I find out some example but all of them can not work. So who can help me to bring up CAN FD module on MPC5748G.
I try to following some example I attach bellow, but it can not work.
do you use EVBs for test or do you have your own board design? What is the bus connection, who is the other node?
The examples you pointed do communication between modules on the EVB, i realized it does not set FD timing properly.
So it can work on the EVB but it could not work between boards and/or PC etc.
What is not working in fact? You cannot send/receive anything? Do you get any errors?
I can suggest to review the CAN bit timing setting, you can use a tool posted here (https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-342618) to get right setting.
Thanks for your support.
I'm using DEVKIT_MCP5748G to communication with S43K144-EVB board via CAN_FD. Follow you suggest in order to communicate between 2 board, do I just need to change the bit timing configure to communicate between 2 board? I'll try to change the configuration.
there should not be an issue to make communication between those boards. You should keep following...
- use 12V power supply to power both boards to enable SBC's CAN transceiver
- boards are connected using 3 wires (CANH, CANL, GND)
- DEVKIT_MCP5748G does not have termination resistor, so it could be needed in case of communication issues
- the same bitrate including sample point must be set on both MCUs
- check if both MCU use the same CAN FD protocol, is configurable by CTRL2[ISOCANFDEN] bit