cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746R with FlexCAN or CAN FD?

Jump to solution
renhaochen
Contributor II

Hi, I'm searching a microcontroller  which includes CAN FD protocol, then I found a solved problem in this community says that MPC5746R  has non-ISO CAN FD. So there are two questions I want to ask : 

1. What's different between ISO CAN FD and non-ISO CAN FD?

2.When I was reading MPC5746R Reference Manual, the General changes chapter notes that "In the CAN (FlexCAN) chapter removed all references to CAN FD. "(page 3536). Is that means MPC5746R no longer support CAN FD protocol? Or FlexCAN can use as CAN FD?

thank you!

0 Kudos
1 Solution
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

1) Please check for example the articles below. You can find all necessary information using google.

CAN FD, ISO Versus Non-ISO - NI-XNET 15.5 Help - National Instruments 

CAN Newsletter - ISO CAN FD or non-ISO CAN FD 

2) MPC5746R cannot support CAN FD anymore. It supports CAN protocol according to the ISO 11898-1 standard and CAN 2.0 B protocol specifications.

If you want to choose microcontroller supports ISO CAN FD (or non ISO CAN FD), please look at the thread below:

https://community.nxp.com/message/894350 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to write me back.

Regards,

Martin

View solution in original post

3 Replies
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

1) Please check for example the articles below. You can find all necessary information using google.

CAN FD, ISO Versus Non-ISO - NI-XNET 15.5 Help - National Instruments 

CAN Newsletter - ISO CAN FD or non-ISO CAN FD 

2) MPC5746R cannot support CAN FD anymore. It supports CAN protocol according to the ISO 11898-1 standard and CAN 2.0 B protocol specifications.

If you want to choose microcontroller supports ISO CAN FD (or non ISO CAN FD), please look at the thread below:

https://community.nxp.com/message/894350 

If you have any other questions, please feel free to write me back.

Regards,

Martin

renhaochen
Contributor II

By the way, I saw MPC5745R & MPC5743R are also mentioned in the MPC5746R reference manual, but there are no other documents provide information for this two microcontrollers. Can I also find it in MPC5746R reference manual?

0 Kudos
renhaochen
Contributor II

Thanks for your information !  I will keep searching the microcontroller I want !

0 Kudos