cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746R "IO Signal Description and Input Multiplexing Tables.xlsx" Question

erickarr
Contributor II

Hi,

Within the reference manual for the MPC5746R, the above mentioned document can be found as an attachment for knowing required pin configuration information. 

In the "IO Signal Table" sheet of the aforementioned document, sometimes the "MSCR SSS" column contains a '-' instead of an 8 bit number. I previously assumed that a dash ('-') meant to use the same MSCR SSS code used previously. But I now see in the sheet that if the same MSCR SSS code is to be used, it's typically duplicated. I have attached a screen shot with an example:

175084_175084.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-24 at 10.48.00 AM.png

You'll see the dash I'm referring to in the highlighted row, as well as the duplicated values in last two rows. What MSCR SSS value do I use when configuring SIN_0?

Thanks in advance for clearing up any confusion.

Regards,

Eric

Labels (1)
3 Replies

erickarr
Contributor II

Hi Martin,

Thanks for the response.

That's great for that specific pin, but what about all the other cases in the spreadsheet where the MSCR SSS is '-'?

Thanks,

Eric

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Eric,

it is the same for all pins. If there is - in Signal description table, set SSS = 0 and look, if this function is input or output. According the direction of the function, you set (or not set) input buffer.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

if you want to use SIN_0 function, set SSS = 0 and enable input buffer. Set ODC Push-Pull.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos