Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5746R I/O initial

Jump to solution
binli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi:

I found there are 2 kinds of input can be configured for MPC5746R PJ[14]: DSPI0 clock input and error input for FCCU. Please see attachment. But i can't find how to distinguish them. Can you help check which register can be set to enable/disable each module? Thanks.

Labels (1)
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This issue is clear now.

The DSPI CLKIN and FCCU ERRIN are both rooted as input without possibility to select or disable one of them.

Therefore when DPSI clock input is on pin PJ[14] user must disable FCCU NCF[60] in FCCU_NCF_E1 register.

However this will still rise fault NCF[60] in FCCU_NCF_S1.

If the user SW validate NCF then NCF[60] must be ignored as it is caused by dual input rooting on PJ[14].

User must select either to have DSPI clk in or FCCU ERRIN functionality on this pin.

Peter

View solution in original post

6 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

This issue is clear now.

The DSPI CLKIN and FCCU ERRIN are both rooted as input without possibility to select or disable one of them.

Therefore when DPSI clock input is on pin PJ[14] user must disable FCCU NCF[60] in FCCU_NCF_E1 register.

However this will still rise fault NCF[60] in FCCU_NCF_S1.

If the user SW validate NCF then NCF[60] must be ignored as it is caused by dual input rooting on PJ[14].

User must select either to have DSPI clk in or FCCU ERRIN functionality on this pin.

Peter

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

They are both connected on input of PJ[14].

Peter

binli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Peter Vlna wrote:

Hi,

They are both connected on input of PJ[14].

Peter

Hi Peter:

Do you mean that the input signal of PJ[14] connect to DSPI and FCCU module simultaneous(seting PAD158 input)? Thanks. 

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

yes,

This is what I expect.

However there can be conflict which I am right now discussing with design.

In scenario where you have PJ[14] selected as input and SPI clock is as input on this pin the FCCU NCF[60] will be set.

On other device (MPC5748G) there is separated IMCR for FCCU[ERRIN] and DSPI. So user can select the input functionality. However here is not this possibility according to IO table.

I will update you when design say they statement.

Peter

binli
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter:

Any update on this issue? Thanks.

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

No, still no answer from application/design team.

Peter