Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P debug mode succeed but stand-alone fail

Jump to solution
wenyenchen
Contributor I

Dear Sir

We are now facing a problem in our own board which is using MPC5744P IC.

When I was using debug mode, the program runs normally and the function is correct,

but after leave debug mode, let the MCU runs as stand alone(also reset the power), the program cannot run normally, and the function is  incorrect.

We had checked the 40MHz oscillator and  VDD_LV_PLL0 , these two pin provides the correct voltage.

Do you have any suspect of this kind of issue or how can we troubleshooting to let the stand-alone mode succeed?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
1 Solution
wenyenchen
Contributor I

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your information. In fact, I found it's hardware's fault. When I change the low side IC to high side IC, then it's work.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

BR Chiang

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
wenyenchen
Contributor I

Dear Sir,

Thank you for your information. In fact, I found it's hardware's fault. When I change the low side IC to high side IC, then it's work.

Thanks again.

Sincerely,

BR Chiang

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

your description is too general for some specific advice. So, at first, please check, if you have disabled watchdog timer, or if you correctly refresh watchdog timer in standalone mode.

If watchdog handling is correct, please attach to microcontroller using debugger, while the microcontroller is running and look, where is the code and analyze status of your microcontroller.

Regards,

Martin