MPC5744P Multiple CAN Buses

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P Multiple CAN Buses

C_Zuercher_APR
Contributor III
Hi, I'm interested in using both CAN Bus 0 & CAN Bus 1 to communicate separately with two other ECU's, the idea being that one ECU will transmit CAN Messages solely to the MPC5744P board on CAN Bus 0, and the NXP Board will selectively retransmit some of this data to the other ECU via CAN Bus 1. Could I have some guidance as to how to configure the board to achieve this, and which pins should be used for CAN 1 & CAN 0 for the Hi & Low lines please? I'm also using the MBDT to programme the NXP Board, so are there any things I need to look out for when I embark on this? Thanks, Crispin
0 Kudos
1 Reply

PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

which NXP board do you refer to?
MPC574xPEVB has 2 CAN interfaces so there should be no issue to use it.
DEVKIT-MPC5744P offers single CAN interface (SBC's CAN transceiver on revE or standalone CAN transceiver on previous board's revs). Thus other CAN transceiver must be connected FRMD+ headers.
DEVKIT-MPC5744P allows connecting of DEVKIT-COMM board, so you can expand CAN or LIN interface easily. 
Not sure of MBDT setting, but you can ask this on https://community.nxp.com/t5/NXP-Model-Based-Design-Tools/bd-p/mbdt

BR, Petr

0 Kudos