MPC5744P FCCU, what is SMPU mismatch(NCF[71]) mean?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5744P FCCU, what is SMPU mismatch(NCF[71]) mean?

Jump to solution
Jamber_H
Contributor III
Hi, I enabled the NCF[71], "SMPU transaction monitor mismatch", and its error action is set as "Long Reset". When CPU try to access an address without permission, it reset directly and no IVORx triggered. If I disabled the NCF[71], when CPU try to access a same address, it triggered IVOR2, "data storage exception". So what's relationship between "SMPU transaction monitor mismatch" and "access an address without permission"? and why no IVORx triggered if NCF[71] are enabled?
0 Kudos
1 Solution
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hi, I enabled the NCF[71], "SMPU transaction monitor mismatch", and its error action is set as "Long Reset". When CPU try to access an address without permission, it reset directly and no IVORx triggered.

Correct behavior. IVOR is not triggered as the FCCU module triggers reset once the fault signal from SMPU to FCCU is active. As you have configured.

If I disabled the NCF[71], when CPU try to access a same address, it triggered IVOR2, "data storage exception". So what's relationship between "SMPU transaction monitor mismatch" and "access an address without permission"? and why no IVORx triggered if NCF[71] are enabled?

Also correct. How you want to service IVOR if the device is set to trigger reset on such event.

Simply makes no sense.

What are you trying to achieve here?

Best regards,

Peter

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

Hi, I enabled the NCF[71], "SMPU transaction monitor mismatch", and its error action is set as "Long Reset". When CPU try to access an address without permission, it reset directly and no IVORx triggered.

Correct behavior. IVOR is not triggered as the FCCU module triggers reset once the fault signal from SMPU to FCCU is active. As you have configured.

If I disabled the NCF[71], when CPU try to access a same address, it triggered IVOR2, "data storage exception". So what's relationship between "SMPU transaction monitor mismatch" and "access an address without permission"? and why no IVORx triggered if NCF[71] are enabled?

Also correct. How you want to service IVOR if the device is set to trigger reset on such event.

Simply makes no sense.

What are you trying to achieve here?

Best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
JC2
Contributor I

Hi, I don't really understand what is "SMPU transaction monitor mismatch". Could you explain it in detail? Thank you very much.

0 Kudos