MPC5674F - DMA seems to mix up addresses internally?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5674F - DMA seems to mix up addresses internally?

benediktschmied
Contributor I

Hey there,

We are using the DMA controller intensively for multiple XBAR - slaves such as ETPU, EQADC, SIU and DSPI. Especially for the EQADC and DSPI slaves we encounter similiar problems. When load increases on the XBAR, e.g. the processor and the DMA both try to read / write from slaves, the SPI may push data to the SRAM (RX - path) which is not physically measurable. As we are using the scatter-gather capability, the problems seems to be solved for the next DMA - request. Unfortunately, the application may shut down the whole Engine Control Unit in case of illegal data. Of course, we are still searching for improper steps the firmware takes to initialize the controller, but for the time being, we have not found anything.

The masters' priorities for slave 6 and 7 (Peripheral Bus A and B) has been changed in order to favor both eDMA controllers. Different priority settings for the eDMA controller have already been attempted, but nothing seems to solve our problem so far.

We are using the MPC5674F controller.

Additionally, prefetching is enabled as well as an external SRAM is attached to the EBI.

Is there any known issue concerning high load and eDMA transfers? Unfortunately, we will start commissioning shortly, so I just wanted to ask, whether we may have to watch out for particular settings.

Thanks for your help.

Benedikt

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Benedikt,

known issues are described in errata sheets:

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/errata/MPC567xF_0N31E.pdf

http://www.freescale.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/errata/MPC567xF_3M17W.pdf

e6966 and e2696 could be important.

You wrote that you use scatter-gather functionality. If you use scatter-gather or major linking, it is necessary to follow this note from reference manual:

pastedImage_3.png

In other words, every time when you are going to reconfigure DMA descriptors, clear the DONE bit as a first step. You will avoid a lot of troubles. That's my own experience - I spent a lot of time to find out that this note is really important.

Regards,

Lukas

0 Kudos