MPC5644A: is EMIOS_MCR[GTBE] the same as ETPU_MCR[GTBE]?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5644A: is EMIOS_MCR[GTBE] the same as ETPU_MCR[GTBE]?

Jump to solution
EAlepins
Contributor V

Hi,

With MPC5644A, we are using both the eMIOS and the eTPU. The EMIOS_MCR[GTBE] enables the eMIOS A/B counters to start. The ETPU_MCR[GTBE] enables eTPU engines to start executing code. However, are these 2 bits the same?

In MPC5644A RM Rev 6, §24.5.6.4 "GTBE – Global time base enable" explains that in the eTPU, there are 2 GTBE signals: etpu_gtbe_out and etpu_gtbe_in. The etpu_gtbe_out might be OR'ed with another signal at MCU level before being sent back as etpu_gtbe_in. I guess it is OR'ed with EMIOS_MCR[GTBE]. However, this information is missing from the reference manual.

Please help,

Étienne

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It not well described but it is there on the figure Figure 24-51. ‘MODULE X’ is some general module, in fact it is always eMIOS, as I know. ‘synchronization logic’ is actually OR gate.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

It not well described but it is there on the figure Figure 24-51. ‘MODULE X’ is some general module, in fact it is always eMIOS, as I know. ‘synchronization logic’ is actually OR gate.

0 Kudos
EAlepins
Contributor V

Thanks. Can you raise a documentation correction request for this? Figure 24-51 describes the concept. There is no description of the real implementation.

0 Kudos
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Sure, I will manage it. Thanks for pointing it out.

0 Kudos