MPC5644A DSPI: what duty cycle is supported?

取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

MPC5644A DSPI: what duty cycle is supported?

跳至解决方案
985 次查看
EAlepins
Contributor V

Hi,

I am using the Qorivva MPC5644A's DSPI block. The Reference Manual describes the CTAR[DBR] and talks about various clock duty cycles. The Datasheet (Rev. 7) also talks about 33/66 duty cycle at §3.17.8 DSPI timing. However, when looking at the row #4 "SCK Duty Cycle" in the "Table 48. DSPI timing", the duty cycle seems pretty fixed to 50%:

Min = ½ tSC - 2

Max = ½ tSC + 2

1) Is there a typo here and tSC should be tSCK, i.e. a reference to row #1 of the table?

2) Why is non-50/50 duty cycles described in the RM and datasheet if this tables says only 50/50 duty cycle is supported?

Indeed, a 2ns variation on the faster clock (24.4ns) gives a maximum of 42/58 duty cycle...

Thanks.

标签 (1)
标记 (4)
0 项奖励
1 解答
745 次查看
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Datasheet omits information that tSDC is only valid for 50:50 duty cycle configuration (based on DSPI_CTARn[DBR/CPHA/PBR] settings). For other SCK duty cycle configurations the absolute spec number is applied as jitter/uncertainty to the nominal high time and low time.

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
3 回复数
746 次查看
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Datasheet omits information that tSDC is only valid for 50:50 duty cycle configuration (based on DSPI_CTARn[DBR/CPHA/PBR] settings). For other SCK duty cycle configurations the absolute spec number is applied as jitter/uncertainty to the nominal high time and low time.

0 项奖励
745 次查看
EAlepins
Contributor V

Thanks. Can the documentation be corrected? (i.e. doc defect opened)

0 项奖励
745 次查看
davidtosenovjan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, sure. I'll report it.

0 项奖励