Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5634M AUTOSAR OS example error

Jump to solution
arjunraveendran
Contributor III

Hello All,

I am trying to run AUTOSAR on MPC5634M with NXP MCAL&OS  with EB Tresos studio.

For this chip, NXP supports AUTOSAR v 3.0.

I have two questions:

1) I am using "Tresos Studio " Release ver 2009.a build number: b090820-1820.

OS Ver: Freescale AUTOSAR OS/MPC56xxAM v.3.0 RTM, build 3.0.35.

I have also added the patch "OSMPC56xxAM_3_0_35_patch1"

I receive the following error (attached image) after importing the sample project: "os_sample_sc1" located in "\AUTOSAR\os_freescale_mpc56xxAM\os_ts\eclipse\workspace" to Tresos studio and running "Generate Project".

I am running on windows 7 64 bit system. Is a 32bit OS required for the configuration?

2)  The MCAL provided for the same chip is "AUTOSAR MPC563XM MCAL3.0 swv: 2.0.0 RTM". But this MCAL version expects "Tresos Studio ver 2010". But as stated in qn. 1), OS expects "Tresos Studio " Release ver 2009.

How  can i configure the entire project in this case, when there is a conflict in versions as seen here.

Any help to address the above questions and get the configurator to work is appreciated.

Your Sincerely,

Arjun

0 Kudos
1 Solution
frantisekdobes
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arjun,

to the questions:

1) I see the same error if generating on Windows 10 64-bit. The error is reported because by default on 64-bit operating system there is used 64-bit java. The MPC5634M Autosar OS supports only 32-bit java so to generate it is needed to install the 32-bit java. Then it is also needed to put the path to the 32-bit java to the PATH environmental variable so that it will be found while generating in Tresos.

The version of java can be checked with command java -version executed from command prompt:

c:\>java -version

java version "1.8.0_201"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_201-b09)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

On my windows 10 computer there is used 64-bit java by default (see the string “64-Bit Server VM”).

I have modified the path variable with the following command to add path to 32-bit java:

c:\>path="c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_201\bin";%path%

So then the java version reported is 32-bit (string “Client VM”) as shown here:

java version "1.8.0_201"

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

After this I open the Tresos with this command (still in the same command prompt window):

c:\>c:\EB\tresos2010.a.sr4\bin\tresos_gui.exe

and I can generate correctly without any error.

If you prefer you can just add the path to the 32-bit java to your PATH environmental variable so that 32-bit java would be always used (but be careful that this could impact other programs that might require 64-bit java).

2) There can be used the newer version (Tresos 2010.sr4) to configure both MCAL and OS. See the MCAL sample application (located in c:\Freescale\AUTOSAR\MPC563XM_MCAL3.0_RTM_2.0.0_signed\MPC563XM_MCAL3.0_RTM_2.0.0_Integration_Application) where both MCAL and OS are integrated within one project. See here the screenshot from Tresos:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Frantisek

View solution in original post

3 Replies
frantisekdobes
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Arjun,

to the questions:

1) I see the same error if generating on Windows 10 64-bit. The error is reported because by default on 64-bit operating system there is used 64-bit java. The MPC5634M Autosar OS supports only 32-bit java so to generate it is needed to install the 32-bit java. Then it is also needed to put the path to the 32-bit java to the PATH environmental variable so that it will be found while generating in Tresos.

The version of java can be checked with command java -version executed from command prompt:

java version "1.8.0_201"

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

On my windows 10 computer there is used 64-bit java by default (see the string “64-Bit Server VM”).

I have modified the path variable with the following command to add path to 32-bit java:

c:\>path="c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre1.8.0_201\bin";%path%

So then the java version reported is 32-bit (string “Client VM”) as shown here:

java version "1.8.0_201"

Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 25.201-b09, mixed mode)

After this I open the Tresos with this command (still in the same command prompt window):

c:\>c:\EB\tresos2010.a.sr4\bin\tresos_gui.exe

and I can generate correctly without any error.

If you prefer you can just add the path to the 32-bit java to your PATH environmental variable so that 32-bit java would be always used (but be careful that this could impact other programs that might require 64-bit java).

2) There can be used the newer version (Tresos 2010.sr4) to configure both MCAL and OS. See the MCAL sample application (located in c:\Freescale\AUTOSAR\MPC563XM_MCAL3.0_RTM_2.0.0_signed\MPC563XM_MCAL3.0_RTM_2.0.0_Integration_Application) where both MCAL and OS are integrated within one project. See here the screenshot from Tresos:

pastedImage_1.png

Best Regards,

Frantisek

arjunraveendran
Contributor III

Hello Frantisek,

Thanks  a lot for the solution.

It has worked perfectly well and now I am able to generate code from Tresos studio.

Thanks  a lot for taking the time out to answer this query in detail.

Good day to you.

Arjun.

0 Kudos
martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

I escalated your question to automotive software team. They will contact you back directly by email.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos