Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5604E I2C Issues

Jump to solution
supreethkoushik
Contributor I

Hi All,

I'm trying to configure ADV7182 Digitizer connected to MPC5604E uC using I2C but I am facing some issues, namely

1.   IBDR register is not getting written [It is the register which initiates data Transmit or receive]

2.   I2C initialization sequence in reference manual of MPC5604E [Pg no. 857] mentions about the IBDIS bit of IBCR       register, but IBDIS doesn't exists.

3.   It looks like Frequency Divider Register IBFD sets the data rate, It's confusing, mentioned as SCL divider.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1) there should be no issue with writing the IBDR unless the module clock is gated within ModeEntry module, check respective ME_PCTL register setting.

2) this is a typo, it should be “Clear the IBCR[MDIS] field…”

3) see for example this post, https://community.nxp.com/message/657252#comment-657391. Only calculate with your module clock.

BR, Petr

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

1) there should be no issue with writing the IBDR unless the module clock is gated within ModeEntry module, check respective ME_PCTL register setting.

2) this is a typo, it should be “Clear the IBCR[MDIS] field…”

3) see for example this post, https://community.nxp.com/message/657252#comment-657391. Only calculate with your module clock.

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
supreethkoushik
Contributor I

Hey Petr,

Thank You for the quick reply,

We are using System CLK at 60MHz, I have attached the image from reference manual One is the clock architecture and another one where Module Clock is connected to Sys_Clk and BIU to IPS@Sys_Clk.

In MPC5604E, from where does the I2C module is clocked from?

pastedImage_3.png

pastedImage_2.jpg

0 Kudos
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

calculate bit rate based on Sys_Clk

BR, Petr

0 Kudos
supreethkoushik
Contributor I

Hi Petr Stanci

Thanks for the response. It was very helpful. We were able to bring up the I2C on our prototype board.

Regards,

Supreeth

0 Kudos