Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MPC5604E - Data via BroadR-Reach

Jump to solution
thiesteichmann
Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I've connected my MPC5604E to a technica engineering Media Gateway which is connected to my PC. If the MPC5604E and the Media Gateway are connected via Ethernet, video data which can be viewed with the VLC Player is transmitted. But if i use a BroadR-Reach cable to connect the MPC5604E to the Media Gateway, it seems like no real data is transmitted, only an idle signal of alternating -1 V and 1 V levels. Can someone please tell me what i have to do to enable transmitting via BroadR-Reach?Any help would be greatly appreciated

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
1 Solution
kentlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please downlaod the MPC5604E demo project from

Salsa Low Cost Reference Kit Aptina Camera version - demo SW + binaries (REV 0.8.2)         

There is a compiled firware " intapp_udp_br.elf " which can support BroadR-Reach Phy.

you don't need to have Autosar OS to re-compile the project, if you don't want to modify the source file.

Cheers,

Kent

View solution in original post

7 Replies
thiesteichmann
Contributor II

Bump

Has anyone an idea how to do this?

0 Kudos
kentlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thies,

Did you re-program the firmware which can support BroadR-Reach phy?

Best Regards,

Kent

thiesteichmann
Contributor II

As far as I know I can’t reprogram much without buying the Freescale Autosar OS. Is this correct? The only other thing a probably could do is flashing the AVBproject instead of the UDP one, but viewing the videostream via AVB will be very difficult I guess.

0 Kudos
kentlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please downlaod the MPC5604E demo project from

Salsa Low Cost Reference Kit Aptina Camera version - demo SW + binaries (REV 0.8.2)         

There is a compiled firware " intapp_udp_br.elf " which can support BroadR-Reach Phy.

you don't need to have Autosar OS to re-compile the project, if you don't want to modify the source file.

Cheers,

Kent

thiesteichmann
Contributor II

I only want to change the ip addresses, cause I want to use 4 cameras simultaneously now. So guess I need to change the ip address in the control_app.c and recompile the project. What files do I need to do this? It says at first that the os.h is missing.

Kind regards,

Thies

0 Kudos
kentlin
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thies,

In order to re-compile the project, you will need the MPC5604E Autosar OS source code.

Best Regards,

Kent

0 Kudos
thiesteichmann
Contributor II

Thank you very much. It works now.

0 Kudos