显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 
已解决

MPC5566 BAM eSCI serial configuration

跳至解决方案
939 次查看
pking
Contributor I

I'm just starting to utilize the BAM through eSCI. Starting with the password exchange at the beginning, I tried to use the serial configuration specified in the manual (section 16.3.2.3.2) which is "one start bit, eight data bits, no parity and one stop bit". When I send the password, a response comes back but my serial terminal drops one of the bytes. If I change my config to have odd parity instead of no parity, then I receive the full password back correctly.

Is this an error in the reference manual?

标签 (1)
标记 (4)
0 项奖励
1 解答
840 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ryan,

no, the parity is not used. This looks like something different. Are you waiting until the echo character is received? Transmission of next character should not start until echo of previous character is received. What is your crystal frequency? Are you sure the baud rate is correct?

Regards,

Lukas

在原帖中查看解决方案

0 项奖励
3 回复数
841 次查看
lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ryan,

no, the parity is not used. This looks like something different. Are you waiting until the echo character is received? Transmission of next character should not start until echo of previous character is received. What is your crystal frequency? Are you sure the baud rate is correct?

Regards,

Lukas

0 项奖励
840 次查看
pking
Contributor I

This looks to have been my problem. I didn't realize serial mode echo-ed each byte, was expecting each message. After waiting byte-per-byte, everything works with no parity. Thanks!

0 项奖励
840 次查看
pking
Contributor I

I'm only sending the password, then reading the echo. My understanding is the echo doesn't come until I've sent the entire password, correct? Or am I supposed to wait for an echo with each byte?

My crystal frequency is 20 MHz, so I'm using 24000 baud rate.

0 项奖励