Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCSPTR2A5775E: MPC5775E Development Kit

Jump to solution
Gayan_Niroshana
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a  MCSPTR2A5775E Motor development kit with a PMSM motor. The motor spun with the pre-loaded code but the communication with Freemaster interface did not work properly. Then, debugged the original example code given for the kit by NXP and the motor is not spinning now. Code debugged with default pre-defined debug configurations, using onboard OpenSDA interface. Could someone please tell me how can I solve this problem???

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Lukas2
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Can you please double-check the presence of the jumper highlighted in the picture below?

Wrong jumper position can be the reason why you can't control the machine.

Jumper configuration can by found in get starter document at NXP web page. (Get Started with the MPC5775E-EVB)

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-mpc5775e-evb:GS-MCSPTR2A5775E  

(chapter 3.4 Configure MPC5775E-EVB evaluation board )

nxf44483_0-1636361203590.png

Please check also  FreeMASTER settings. Change default symbol file path to .elf file in your workspace.

nxf44483_1-1636363280987.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

I will continue support via ticket as for your request.

best regards,

Peter

0 Kudos
Gayan_Niroshana
Contributor III

Hello, 

Thanks for replying.

Could you explain what we should imagine under this statement? Not working at all, not working sometimes, variables were not read correctly ro some were and some werent?etc..

Sorry for not being able specify the issue in detail. The problem was even though the motor was spinning and the board was detected by MCAT tool, variables weren't read correctly and any function of GUI didn't work (Changing speed, control mode etc.). Also it indicated phase current faults continuously while the motor was spinning. Speed controlling was only possible via hardware switches.  

This makes no sense. Did you change the code in debugger? Otherwise the code must work.

Could you explain the issue in more details? What if you reload original code?

After uploading the code, board was detected by MCAT tool and this time controlling via GUI is possible. No errors or faults detected at initialization and alignment states and proceeds to the run state. But when the speed is set to spin the motor suddenly state machine goes to the fault state and the motor rotates few degrees and stops without showing any error or a fault in GUI(Phase currents, bus voltages etc.).

Reloaded the code several times and uploaded it without doing any changes. 

Please have a look at the following snapshot showing debug configurations used and all are default settings.

This is the debug configurations used.This is the debug configurations used.

Thanks and regards,

Gayan.

0 Kudos
Lukas2
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Can you please double-check the presence of the jumper highlighted in the picture below?

Wrong jumper position can be the reason why you can't control the machine.

Jumper configuration can by found in get starter document at NXP web page. (Get Started with the MPC5775E-EVB)

https://www.nxp.com/document/guide/get-started-with-the-mpc5775e-evb:GS-MCSPTR2A5775E  

(chapter 3.4 Configure MPC5775E-EVB evaluation board )

nxf44483_0-1636361203590.png

Please check also  FreeMASTER settings. Change default symbol file path to .elf file in your workspace.

nxf44483_1-1636363280987.png

Gayan_Niroshana
Contributor III

Hello,

Thank you very much @Lukas2 . The jumper was the problem. It was not there. And I could not find that in the user guide as I was focusing on the tables that describe the jumper configurations. 

But I wonder, how the motor was spinning and free-master was not working at first with the factory uploaded code before I uploaded the code into the dev board. 

Now every thing is working and free-master functions well.

Best Regards.

Gayan.

0 Kudos
petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

but the communication with Freemaster interface did not work properly.

Could you explain what we should imagine under this statement? Not working at all, not working sometimes, variables were not read correctly ro some were and some werent?etc...

Then, debugged the original example code given for the kit by NXP and the motor is not spinning now.

This makes no sense. Did you change the code in debugger? Otherwise the code must work.

Could you explain the issue in more details? What if you reload original code?

Best regards,

Peter