cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCP5777C 3N45H STCU2 Offline test Issues

ben_l_
Contributor I

Hi,

I have been trying to test offline BIST for quite some time and haven't been successful.  I followed AN5288 and tried the script provided, and still was not successful.

Here is the screenshot of the registers after reset:

pastedImage_2.png

As you can see, it was set up to run both MBIST & LBIST.  The pointer in CFG points to MBIST0.  MY XOSC is @ 32MHz, so I set PLL_CFG to 8, 2, 25 (0x19) to set the clock to 50 MHz. (32 x 25 / 16). My watchdog is set to 61.44ms, like what the application note was showing.

Once out of reset, the ERR_STAT register shows there were some recoverable faults, and the watchdog timer has expired.   My MBSL / MBSM /  MBSH / MBEL / MBEM / MBEH are all 0's which I think means none of them has run.  I see contents in MISREHn / MISRELn / MISRRLn / MISRRHn so I think the registers are being written.  I am just not sure why it's not being executed.

This is my MBIST control registers settings.

pastedImage_3.png

I also have a non-OTP part, which means I can keep erasing & rewriting UTEST region (0x400300 ~) region.  I am not sure if that matters but I am erasing & rewriting the entire DCF records.  I've attached the DCF record I am using to test it.  

Is anything I am doing look incorrect, or suspicious?  Any help will be appreciated.  

Thanks,

Ben

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ben,

I have tried this script yesterday and also experienced similar issues.

First of all, try to extend watchdog to maximum, to see if this is not your issue.

As from the ERR_STAT I can see this.

Peter

0 Kudos

ben_l_
Contributor I

Hi Peter,

Thanks for the reply.  You may have forgotten to include screenshot.  I don't see your ERR_STAT.

I tried to increase the WDG value to 3,000,000 (0x2DC6C0).  I am still experiencing similar register values.  I don't see any updates on the LBIST / MBIST status registers, so I don't think any of them ran.  One thing I notice is that it takes ~5.5 seconds for the WDG to expire and get out of reset, whereas it should've been 3.8 seconds, according to the contents in AN5288 (it says @50 MHz, 0xBB80 = 61.44 ms so 0x2DC6C0 = 3.84 ms).  It's interesting that if I do the same calculation with the clock frequency of 32 MHz, which is my XOSC, it would take 6 seconds for the WDG to expire.  I am curious if the PLL is not being locked, and causing STCU2 to not run at all.

Does it make sense?  If so, how would I ensure that I am setting STCU_PLL_CFG values correctly?  I got these values (RFDPHI = 9, PREDIV = 2, MFD = 25) using the worksheet I got from NXP, ensuring that VCO is between 600 ~ 1250V.  

Here is the screenshot of the values with WDG set to 0x2DC6C0.

pastedImage_2.png

Any comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ben

0 Kudos

petervlna
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Ben,

I have successfully run offline BISTs.

Here script for it. Make sure you configure correct start DCF address.

0 Kudos