取消
显示结果 
显示  仅  | 搜索替代 
您的意思是: 

Jump to Application on MPC5748G Devkit after Communication with RappID

867 次查看
maharajshreekum
Contributor III

I am using MPC5748G Devkit Rev D and I am able to load successfully rbf file and communicated with the Rappid BL utility.

Now if I want to run my test app on top of the BL code, what is the next SOP. 

Are there any changes to be done in the linker scripts of the test app like linker_flash or linker_ram.ld.

I have tried flashing the test app on top of it, but unable to run my application.

I have used the Bootloader code provided in the S32DS sdk for MPC5748, but that BL code doesn't seems to make a jump to app image.

Does the BL code needs to be modified for jumping to application.

Any help on this will be appreciated.

标记 (4)
0 项奖励
3 回复数

815 次查看
maharajshreekum
Contributor III

So does this mean that if we want to write a BL code that performs some integrity checks and then jumps to APP, we have to write it separately?

Also, how did the code went in the region of 0x78c000 when in RM it says it comes under reserved area.

Did you mean about the rbf file which we have flashed by changing that configuration in the Debug section of selecting HSM.pcp like file , that has lead to this?

0 项奖励

744 次查看
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

if you want to add other features you have to develop own bootloader. Refer e.g. to AN5319: https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN5319.pdf
For flash address; was my typo, it should be 0xF8C000.

BR, Petr 

0 项奖励

821 次查看
PetrS
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, 

The bootloader application resides in low memory (at block starting at 0x78c000), this impacts the memory map of the target application, for a typical project the interrupt vector needs to be move up and the RCHW placed in the correct address ranges for the bootloader. The demo project's (Bootloader_MPC5748G) linker file has been modified to meet these constraints and rchw.c is added to populate that region. So please refer to those files for more info.

Steps to use RAppID BL and the bootloader example project "BootLoader_MPC5748G" is given e.g. in the https://community.nxp.com/t5/S32-Design-Studio/Bootloader-for-MPC5748G/td-p/677237 
Note, if testing it on DEVKIT board you need to modify main functions little bit to define right PCR_NUM value, so the LEDs will be toggled on DEVKIT.

BR, Petr

0 项奖励