cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a MPC5748G Header file available newer than _401.h

Jump to solution
gvictorio
Contributor III

For the MPC5748G MCU I have the header file MPC5748G_401.h but I've noticed that it does not include the register: PLL Calibration Register 1 (PLLDIG_PLLCAL1)

I have manually added it myself according to Rev 4 of the reference manual but I wonder if there are any other issues that I'm not aware of.

Can somebody from NXP/Freescale provide an updated header file (or point to where they are published)?

(I read in another post that somebody was provided with a version 5.xx but the header file had some issues so it seems like it was removed from the discussion because of that but I'm hoping that there's an update by now)

Labels (1)
1 Solution
alexvinchev
Contributor V

Hi @gvictorio ,

I had rev.5 which was not able to be compiled, but I'm using MPC5748G since year and half already (both tried 0N65H & 1N81M masks, both EVB and custom boards). I can tell you that rev.4.0.1 is reliable enough for every part of the micro I've tried. I could foresee that there might be problem somewhere, but you can go with this one and it will most probably satisfy your needs.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
alexvinchev
Contributor V

Hi @gvictorio ,

I had rev.5 which was not able to be compiled, but I'm using MPC5748G since year and half already (both tried 0N65H & 1N81M masks, both EVB and custom boards). I can tell you that rev.4.0.1 is reliable enough for every part of the micro I've tried. I could foresee that there might be problem somewhere, but you can go with this one and it will most probably satisfy your needs.

lukaszadrapa
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Yes, that's correct. Rev. 5 was too buggy, so currently it is recommended to use rev. 4.0.1.

Lukas

gvictorio
Contributor III

The whole reason I had asked is because of the missing definition of PLLDIG_PLLCAL1 in 4.0.1... but seems like I may have found with one of the (hopefully) few discrepancies between the header file and the reference manual.

All right then... thanks guys!

alexvinchev
Contributor V

Just to clarify, Rev. 4.0.1 is for mask 1N81M, for mask 0N65H you have to use revision 2.1.12. I hope you are working with 1N81M, since (I think) 0N65H is not supported anymore.

0 Kudos